Another concealed carry hero

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was thinking... I'm too inebriated to search for much right now, but... didn't the OK law actually make it a criminal act to prevent folks from storing their weapon in a vehickel while in an area set aside for parking?

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking... I'm too inebriated to search for much right now, but... didn't the OK law actually make it a criminal act to prevent folks from storing their weapon in a vehickel while in an area set aside for parking?

Yes, Whirlpool and several other companies fought the 2004 Oklahoma law that held employers criminally liable for prohibiting employees from storing firearms in locked vehicles on company property. In 2009 the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals upheld the law.

http://www.ca10.uscourts.gov/opinions/07/07-5166.pdf

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yes, someone had a lawsuit against them for that reason, City of Tulsa had one for the parks being posted no carry also as those are exempt per state law also.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That only changed a few years ago. I worked for Dell at the time, and they tried changing company policy to state that we couldn't have ammo in the car since they couldn't prohibit firearms. That didn't fly LOL. It should also be noted, The Outlet Mall on 40 still has signs prohibiting them on property, posted on signs as you pull in the entrances.

Same here. I remember the hell they got over it and the no smoking on company property.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wifes office has several CC holders working there and even tho their basic employee handbook states no firearms allowed in the building- she knows for a fact that almost everyone upstairs in corporate does carry, and inside, even the president and his brother.

Latest posts

Top Bottom