Another New Designation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Imagine a store where their inventory is all in the back behind a locked door. You go in and pick out "picture cards" for every item you want (similar to buying sudafed today in the pharmacy), and then you take them to the clerk who collects payment and then give you your items.

If their prices were cheaper because they didn't have to account for the cost of "retail shrink" (aka theft), would you shop there?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go into a store and try to buy baby formula. They go with you and you pick out what you want. They open up the locked box and then they march you back to the register and give it to the register clerk or they watch while you purchase it in the self-scanning lanes.

Never do they let you touch it until you pay for it.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Until the invention of the shopping basket/cart, you went to the counter and had the clerk get what you wanted off the shelves behind them. Have we gone full circle?
I've heard of folks in other states talking about "when they came out with self-serve liquor stores."
I ain't THAT old so I asked what they were talking about .
They said way back when you went into a liquor store and there was an employee at the counter and that's as far as the customer went.
You told the clerk what you wanted. They went back and got it, came to the counter and rang up your purchase.
That was before my day but with all this reported thieving going on I have wondered if the old timey liquor stores would make a comeback.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Imagine a store where their inventory is all in the back behind a locked door. You go in and pick out "picture cards" for every item you want (similar to buying sudafed today in the pharmacy), and then you take them to the clerk who collects payment and then give you your items.

If their prices were cheaper because they didn't have to account for the cost of "retail shrink" (aka theft), would you shop there?
Sounds familiar.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the Moron of Kommiefornia, uh, I mean guvna, announced theft of less than $950 would not be prosecuted, the result was the same as Pedo Joe opening the flood gates. The candy store is open, have fun.

The stores are loving the online shoppers, pick up at store. Yet, thefts are up? Who would of thought.

Latest posts

Top Bottom