Another One Bites the Dust!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't NBC have some sort of slush fund to payoff victims of sexual misconduct? I know that congress does and when theirs get low on funds they refill their slush funds with more never-ending tax payer dollars. Congress hardly ever has the dismissals that companies have because they are prepared and take care of heir own.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Presumptive innocence" is a judicial concept and not applicable to the corporate world. For the most part, we're all working "at-will" which means that either party, employee or employer, is "at-will" to conclude the employment relationship immediately and without notice or appeal for any reason or even no reason at all. Now, most companies and organizations have adopted some form of graduated discipline to ensure that they have fully addressed situations and are not at risk from the lawyer-sharks for acting without due regard for somebody's current or future employment. In Lauer's case, he is employed through a negotiated contract that probably has language allowing for immediate dismissal in situations like the current one. Where it will get sticky is if there are funds due to be paid that are subject to negotiation.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have to find it humorous that if they are all false allegations, they are feeding on their own.
It's like the ship is going down and they're trying to take everybody with them...but the only people within reach are more of the same people....not "the enemy".

Exactly what I thought this morning when I heard. The party that hires a never ending train of hoochie mommas to trot out against any GOP candidate is now being fired upon with that same gun. The irony has a special kind of satisfaction don't it?

And I suspect that Dr. HK is correct to a big extent. I think that "sexual harassment" has likely been redefined into a meaningless statement like "you look nice" meaning a lot more than reality but only when it's wanted to and convenient to the accuser. IOW it's been weaponized...

Last edited:

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Matt Lauer on NBC has been fired for inappropriate sexual behavior at the workplace.

Matt Lauer Fired at NBC

Other than Moore, I've not heard from the left about "inappropriate sexual behavior" on the part of folks on the right.
Bill Orielly, and Eric Bolling from Fox from Earlier this year. Sean Hannity was accused but fought back

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I suspect that Dr. HK is correct to a big extent. I think that "sexual harassment" has likely been redefined into a meaningless statement like "you look nice" to mean a lot more but only when it's wanted to. IOW it's been weaponized...

Although I love seeing the left and their media self destruct, I really believe this is a huge part of the issue. They somehow feel empowered by getting guys canned and its working, without any real basis that the general population knows of. I find it really hard to believe these guys go around legitimately (in my mind) harassing/assaulting all these women. Thats always been my beef with "sexual harassment" seminars...its soooooo loosely defined that if a guy says anything positive towards a woman, it could be perceived as a sexual advance by him and thus, sexual harassment if she so sees it fit. I really think there's gotta be some real definition or guideline on what constitutes sexual harassment.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure the firing was based on the extent of the conduct and the validity of the evidence against him. If it's bad enough, a one step removal is going to be appropriate and stand up in court, should the termination be challenged.

The left is quite busy hoisting their own on the petards of sexual predation, and it couldn't happen to a more self-righteous, hypocritical bunch. As for the current office politics climate, well I run a tight ship and any allegation is going to be both false and unprovable. I couldn't possibly count all the times I've told staff to not get your honey where you get your money, and every time there was friction between employees it was dealt with both swiftly and openly.

yea-so-if-5a1ee9.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom