Another pistol coated by olyeller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockon71385

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks great man! I really like the coloring. Did Mike do the whole build or just the coating? I'm jealous. I just sold my G35 to start the 2011 savings fund. I can't wait to get a limited gun and come out to play with the big kids.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Looks great man! I really like the coloring. Did Mike do the whole build or just the coating? I'm jealous. I just sold my G35 to start the 2011 savings fund. I can't wait to get a limited gun and come out to play with the big kids.

technetium did the whole thing himself.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Frame/slide fit from STI, Mike did the finishing and cleaned up the grip where I had trouble with it. Everything else (right or wrong) is all my work.

I'm looking at the grip right now and I don't know how he does what he does with plastic.

rockon71385

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Frame/slide fit from STI, Mike did the finishing and cleaned up the grip where I had trouble with it. Everything else (right or wrong) is all my work.

I'm looking at the grip right now and I don't know how he does what he does with plastic.

Looks freaking great man! I really like the long row of serrations on the front. I'm enrolled in a machining class for the fall, so I may have some questions for you if I ever get around to building(or tying to build) one myself.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Fitting the barrel is the hardest part, with ramped barrels the frame cut is really important to getting the barrel timing right. Read, read, read and you still won't know all the methods/aspects of barrel fitting. I learned so much messing with this gun it's unreal.

Getting that frame cut right is vital to your success. Measure 5 times and cut once, or take it to someone who really knows what they are doing.

rockon71385

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fitting the barrel is the hardest part, with ramped barrels the frame cut is really important to getting the barrel timing right. Read, read, read and you still won't know all the methods/aspects of barrel fitting. I learned so much messing with this gun it's unreal.

Getting that frame cut right is vital to your success. Measure 5 times and cut once, or take it to someone who really knows what they are doing.

What should I be reading? I'm months away from being able to afford to mess with any of this, but I might as well start trying to learn as much as I can.

Latest posts

Top Bottom