Another S&W J frame question for the S&W lovers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Z06, your best bet in the .327 Mag is going to be a Ruger SP101. It fits the all stainless requirement and will be much easier to find.

In a S&W, the Model 632 will fill your bill but you could probably buy 2 Rugers for the price of that little Smith.

Ammo in that caliber might be a problem. I'd just stick with a .38/.357 if it were me.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Z06, your best bet in the .327 Mag is going to be a Ruger SP101. It fits the all stainless requirement and will be much easier to find.

In a S&W, the Model 632 will fill your bill but you could probably buy 2 Rugers for the price of that little Smith.

Ammo in that caliber might be a problem. I'd just stick with a .38/.357 if it were me.

This! I'd love a .327 but have too many toys as it is. The SP101 is nice and solid as a rock. Smith has the .327 but it has that ghey-@55 lock on the side of it and it's high dollar. Plus, the .327 will allow you to run 4 different cartridges from the same gun. If someone chambered a lever action in .327 I just might have to have one.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been considered the SP101 also, but didn't need help with figuring out their 1 model number. lol. I'd prefer the Smith because they usually have a bit nicer trigger and look way sexier with a nice set of wood grips. The little tank is still on the list though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom