Answer to Inflation and Bad Economy: Government Mandated Price Fixing: Yes or No?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
That‘s the first time I’ve seen that girl talk, and she’s dumber than Psaki.

UH you know you know wait a second while i turn the page um you know um ley me read this so i know what to say um you know yea wait a second i am on the wrong page um you know um wait a second this isn't fair um you know?

Looks like they are already trying to throw her a life ring. Kirby will fill in based on who’s in attendance or the questions that got approved for the day
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/white-house-makes-kirbys-new-role-official/ar-AAXxayN

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Rustytigwire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Free enterprise.
Alvin Lee 10 years after.
Tax the rich. Feed the poor. Till there are no. Rich no more.
Govt meddling should focus on crime not penalize capitalism. But I guess none of them are willing to put themselves in prison.

FRISKY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Question: How Can Inflation Be Stopped While Also

Keeping The Economy Strong?

One person told me their "Magic Fix It Wand" is

"Government Enforced Legal Price Fixing".
He claims the government should just step in and

force and set all private and public businesses and

corporations to have a set price for goods.
This would be a good storyline for a book. Maybe we could call it "Atlas Shrugged."

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Question: How Can Inflation Be Stopped While Also

Keeping The Economy Strong?
What are your opinions and feedback and ideas on

this?
One person told me their "Magic Fix It Wand" is

"Government Enforced Legal Price Fixing".
He claims the government should just step in and

force and set all private and public businesses and

corporations to have a set price for goods.
For example: On gas prices, he says the US

government should force the oil/gas companies to

sell gas for 1 or 2 dollars per gallon. Anyone who

tries to sell gas for a higher price would be

penalized, this would be illegal.
This person goes further: The government should fix

the price of bread, meat, cheese, milk and dairy

products, clothes, tools, steel, etc etc etc, and he

claims this is the "Ultimate Panacea. Then companies

can produce the goods people want, and, make

something of a profit (after all, if millions of

people are buying gas at 2 dollars per gallon then

the oil companies are getting millions or billions

of dollars) and the consumer public can have low

prices for the goods they want. What are the down

sides and dark sides to this idea?
The entire congress should take a running jump off the south rim of the Grand Canyon and see how many can make it to the north rim, most of them spray enough bs out that they could row their way across on it.

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Biden and his handlers have shown they are not to be trusted with any issue they approach. Once they fasten their attention on any issue it has gone straight to worst-case scenario.

That said, some problems have been a long time in the making. Both parties and all presidents have been guilty of deficit spending and doing two little about our debt. Nor can the American public escape blame since they would never tolerate what it took to live within our means. We’re too damn entitled and spoiled.

Regarding inflation, Biden can’t kill Milt Friedman. He’s already dead. But the body of his life’s work can’t be dismissed. So Putting the money-presses on steroids just exposes one thing… the U.S. is out of arrows in its quiver for fighting inflation and for over spending.

Keynesian economics was fine as long as you lived frugally in between periods of crisis, when you needed to intervene with government spending. When we continued to run deficit during good years, Keynesian economics wasn’t Keynesian any long. It was just irresponsible growth of big government.

So now if the Fed raises interest rates to arrest inflation, the economy will constrict further. If the government continues to spend like a drunken sailor - inflation will spiral. The Fed can’t really go below zero to spur the economy, so another arrow already spent.

If things go far enough, and U.S. Faith & Credit is downgraded the real decline will accelerate. It took Venezuela all of 35 years to go from the wealthiest National Economy in their region to fighting for scraps.

Life is hard. Its even harder if you are stupid.

Being a world-leader in a complex world may soon pass to the Chinese, but they too will find belt & road initiatives around the world gets expensive. For our part, we long ago threw caution to the wind, both at home and abroad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom