Antelope Pictures????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to draw in for the Sept. 10-13 hunt. This was the pronghorn I brought home. Saw some nice ones checked in out there.

I'm with Dennis. We want a story. How far was the shot. What caliber? Did it go down quick? You got to spin a good story to be a real hunter.

the man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, it's a long story... I have been putting in (just like most of you guys) for years. When I finally saw that I had been drawn, I called my dad and told him of my success. We had talked about going on a antelope hunt for years. That same day...he had a heart attack. Thankfully, he survived but had to undergo bypass surgery. He has had a few complications...but now is on his feet again. The sad part....was he didn't get to go with me.

I shot the antelope Thursday morning at 7:33 am. I found a small group of 9 doe and this buck on Wednesday. I watched them almost all day...and knew where they were when the sun went down. The next morning...I went to that spot and sit by the fence row for about 20-30 minutes and went back to the truck. I drove about 1/4 of a mile down the road and spotted him in some tall grass. I stepped out, walked over to the fence and glassed him...to make sure it was the one I wanted and decided it was...so I shot him. I was shooting a Weatherby .270 mag. and he was about 175 yards. He dropped in his tracks.

I hated that my dad didn't get to attend, as we have had many, many great hunts together...but am extremly thankful that I got to share the pictures with him.

Thanks for the interest!!

shootinpreacher48

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
am going to try to take one with my bow, i have been scouting and have seen several that i want, but after being hunted the last two weeks they are going to be hard to get, i did walk up on one saturday, but not bow season, i walked up to about 50 yards from him, and he was really nice, just wish it was today.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I am going out there too but I'm just going to chase the prairie dogs around with the rifles. I'm going with my brother and he is going to try to get an antelope with his bow. I've killed a couple in Wy many years ago and thought I'd have a lot more fun getting more trigger time. We'll be at a motel in Boise City so maybe we'll run into some of you guys. Good luck to all and thanks for the story tm. Glad your dad is doing better.

Reaction score
You guys do know that anyone can buy an archery tag over the counter this year for pronghorns - provided you can get written landowner permission.

Not sure whether it's (a) like elk where you have to HAVE the written landowner permission in hand to buy the tag, like you do with elk, or (b) you just buy the tag first, but then to HUNT, you have to possess written landowner permission -anyone know?

Nice job to "the man". :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom