New Controlled Hunt rule

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is the diference between Walk In and Traditional?
The usfws employees drive you into the hunting area. (Used to be in groups of hunters in surplus deuce and a halves, not sure now) Anyway you can literally start hunting where they drop you at. If it’s close enough to the road they will drive right up to your elk and load it up. Typically other hunters in your pod will help you get it off the hillside if needed.

Walk in is just that. Walk into a hunting area and pack that animal out by yourself on your back. No help other than there is your hunt area have fun.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK. I'm putting y'all young 'uns on notice. I applied for the tradititonal elk hunt at Wichita Mountains. I'm right behind Dennis, and there won't be any "walk in" for this ole fart. So, if'n I draw in, I'm counting on some of you to step up and volunteer to help! Of course, fat chance of that, even with the change in rules. From what I see, there are only FORTY bull tags available for the traditional hunt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom