New Controlled Hunt rule

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well looks like some of you old timers that have never drawn a once in a life timer will at least get a better chance.

50% of elk and antelope tags reserved for those with 20+ points!

Doesn’t help me any YET! Drew my antelope tag last year and only got about 11 elk points after being drawn when it was once every ten years.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But they have also reduced the number of bull tags for the traditional bull hunt, only 50 now. The majority of the tags are for the walk-in hunts, which 90% of the old timers won't be applying for. Baby steps I guess lol.
Really? Must just be too expensive to pay for all those overtime man hours to do the traditional way. That’s a bummer.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But they have also reduced the number of bull tags for the traditional bull hunt, only 50 now. The majority of the tags are for the walk-in hunts, which 90% of the old timers won't be applying for. Baby steps I guess lol.
Is it 50 bull tags all in the same hunt this year? I noticed there is only one traditional bull hunt for Wichita mtns, but didn’t pay attention to the tag numbers.

Last year was 50 tags as well but it was in two hunts with 25 each.

And 60 bull tags for the walk-in last year.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Is it 50 bull tags all in the same hunt this year? I noticed there is only one traditional bull hunt for Wichita mtns, but didn’t pay attention to the tag numbers.

Last year was 50 tags as well but it was in two hunts with 25 each.

And 60 bull tags for the walk-in last year.
It doesn't say how many tags per hunt on the ODWC controlled hunt selections that I could find. 1 Cookson hunt, 1 Wichita traditional bull hunt, 1 Wichita traditional cow hunt and then 4 each of the Wichita either sex walk in hunts and of the Wichita cow walk in hunts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom