• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Oklahoma City (Withdrawn) Antique Marlin Ballards F/S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Sub Category
Rifles
Is this item for sale?
  1. For Sale
Sale Price
3250$
Caliber
32-40, 35-40, 40-63
Three Marlin Ballards for Sale:

Just in case anyone shares my interest in Vintage Ballards I’ll leave this listing for a week or so. PM serious inquiries for individual photos. The three for sale start second from left (2nd, 3rd, & 4th in the stand). Plenty of pictures available.

1. Marlin Ballard No 4 Perfection in 32-40 (Entirely Original including rare Marlin Ballard sights, front & Rear valued at $1,000 by themselves. Best bore of my original Ballards. Comes with 150 pcs of brass. $3000

2. Marlin Ballard No 4 Perfection originally 38-50 but relined by John Taylor and chambered to 35-40 Mayard. Comes with CH-4D dies, mold and 200 pcs of brass. This one shoots very well! We put 18 straight on a 15” dinger at 500 yds in its first outing. The twist is a 14:1; bullet/mold is 280gr. $2500

3. Marlin Ballard No 5 Pacific 40-63. Excellent bore but for some etching near throat that has not effected leading, cleaning or accuracy. I shot my first BPCR and my first two Quigley matches with this rifle. Comes with CH4D dies, mold and 250 pcs .405 formed brass. Bullet/mold is 360gr. $3250.

MVA and Baldwin sights will be replaced with original sights on the 35-40 and 40-63 unless a buyer wants to negotiate a price for them.

Attachments

• Six Ballards in a Rack Zoom (3).jpeg
    Six Ballards in a Rack Zoom (3).jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Original Ballards on Gray Blanket (1).jpeg
    Original Ballards on Gray Blanket (1).jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 0

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
That 2nd from the bottom sure has some pretty wood. Where do you shoot BPCR at?
I used to shoot all over the Northwest but here in Oklahoma I shot at the OKC club. Advanced glaucoma put a stop to all that. Moving these shooters to make room for a couple “Collector” Ballards. Probably close the listing in a day or two and post on a Singleshot forum. Just hoped to avoid the shipping on an outside chance of local interest.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Three Marlin Ballards for Sale:

Just in case anyone shares my interest in Vintage Ballards I’ll leave this listing for a week or so. PM serious inquiries for individual photos. The three for sale start second from left (2nd, 3rd, & 4th in the stand). Plenty of pictures available.

1. Marlin Ballard No 4 Perfection in 32-40 (Entirely Original including rare Marlin Ballard sights, front & Rear valued at $1,000 by themselves. Best bore of my original Ballards. Comes with 150 pcs of brass. $3000

2. Marlin Ballard No 4 Perfection originally 38-50 but relined by John Taylor and chambered to 35-40 Mayard. Comes with CH-4D dies, mold and 200 pcs of brass. This one shoots very well! We put 18 straight on a 15” dinger at 500 yds in its first outing. The twist is a 14:1; bullet/mold is 280gr. $2500

3. Marlin Ballard No 5 Pacific 40-63. Excellent bore but for some etching near throat that has not effected leading, cleaning or accuracy. I shot my first BPCR and my first two Quigley matches with this rifle. Comes with CH4D dies, mold and 250 pcs .405 formed brass. Bullet/mold is 360gr. $3250.

MVA and Baldwin sights will be replaced with original sights on the 35-40 and 40-63 unless a buyer wants to negotiate a price for them.

Animated GIF

ChrisWilson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm sorry to hear your having to give up BPCR comps, I'd like to start shooting some myself. I get the not wanting to ship, that is a pain. If I was you I'd take them to the Wannamacher gun show in Tulsa next month, Lot of single shot BPCR interest there along with everything else. Forwarded your add to a friend up in Kansas who's a big Ballard guy, never know!

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm sorry to hear your having to give up BPCR comps, I'd like to start shooting some myself. I get the not wanting to ship, that is a pain. If I was you I'd take them to the Wannamacher gun show in Tulsa next month, Lot of single shot BPCR interest there along with everything else. Forwarded your add to a friend up in Kansas who's a big Ballard guy, never know!
Thanks Chris… and a good Idea about the Tulsa show.

They say every picture tells a story. I think this of the Wagon is from 1886. There is a Ballard hanging from the wagon stays and the younger man has one standing at his side. This picture has me holding on to my roughest Ballard in 45-70. Plus it shoots well.

The picture collage from the Quigley tells another story… and not of me bragging either. Just me showing the fun I had with these old Ballards. I consider myself Blessed for the six years of competition I got before I discovered my eye condition. I got a late start and had no idea I was working against a clock back then. So just grateful for the fun I had.

Attachments

• IMG_8107.jpeg
    IMG_8107.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Marlin Ballard No 1 and a half in 45-70 (9).jpeg
    Marlin Ballard No 1 and a half in 45-70 (9).jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Marlin Ballard No 1 and a half in 45-70 (3).jpeg
    Marlin Ballard No 1 and a half in 45-70 (3).jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 45-70 Marlin Ballard One and a Half OKC outing (3) 23.4gr 4759 350gr RD.jpeg
    45-70 Marlin Ballard One and a Half OKC outing (3) 23.4gr 4759 350gr RD.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7067.jpeg
    IMG_7067.jpeg
    148.1 KB · Views: 0

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Friend has one that started out in .32 rimfire. Ammo was hard to find and to expensive, so he converted into .32-20. Very nice rifle.
Good choice if not loaded hot and shooting cast. Those were cast rather than forged receivers. I’ve seen some chamber or rebarrel for larger cartridges and that is not a good ides with a cast receiver.

Latest posts

Top Bottom