Any Glock 20 Owners Out There?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 10mm round really intrigues me.

What is your experience with the Glock 20 or 29? Anyone carry one or both for CC or use as a home defense gun?

The S&W 310 Night Guard shoots 10mm/.40 S&W. Anybody have experience with that weapon? With its big dot front sight and good-sized frame, that would make an outstanding CC/HD weapon, IMHO.

Please opine below...

Bassin'ForLife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am in the same boat, I have always liked the 10mm, for no particular reason. I do know that Ted Nugent carries a 10mm, which means, therefore, that I will too.:D But, I have a Glock 29 on order, if you're interested in shooting it once it finally comes in, let me know. I plan on it being a primary carry weapon. If you google 10mm Auto, you come up with some pretty interesting ballistics data, if you haven't tried that already.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am in the same boat, I have always liked the 10mm, for no particular reason. I do know that Ted Nugent carries a 10mm, which means, therefore, that I will too.:D But, I have a Glock 29 on order, if you're interested in shooting it once it finally comes in, let me know. I plan on it being a primary carry weapon. If you google 10mm Auto, you come up with some pretty interesting ballistics data, if you haven't tried that already.

Well, hell, if the Nooge has one, it's a foregone conclusion I'll have to have one.
ai977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Web_20Avatars_ted_nugent1.jpg

The G29 looks real cool. I wonder why Glock didn't make a compact version of the 10mm. They have the fullsize and subcompact, but no compact. I'd love to shoot your G29 when I'm in OKC sometime. Thanks for the offer.

I'll have to google the 10mm ballistics. I'm sure they are very impressive. I'm wondering how it compares to my G31 in .357 Sig.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love the 10mm. I don't have any Glocks in that caliber but I have shot the G20 and enjoyed it. There are 2 G20's available from budsgunshop.com in the used section, one with finger groves and an earlier one without.

The S&W 10mm's are also pretty sweet. I have a S&W 1086 that's a joy to shoot, the extra weight of the all stainless steel gun seems to dampen the recoil a lot.

A lot of people don't see the advantage of the 10mm over the .40 S&W. Say for example a bullet of a given weight goes out of the barrel about 20% faster than a 10mm. Doesn't sound like much, but in terms of energy - well energy goes up with the square of the velocity - so you get 1.44 times as much energy. That's a big difference.

The VLTOR Bren Ten should be out sometime this year, that will provide an option for another all steel 10mm.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I owned a 20 for a few years,great gun,powerful cartridge.I always wanted to hunt with it using Double Tap's 180 grain ammo but never did.The ammo is very expensive and hard to find.I sold mine for that reason and trying to limit the number of carry calibers I own. Steve

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a glock 20 and shoot it as much or more than my Glock 23 or 21.
I just got setup to reload the 10mm so I will probably be shooting it more.

Euclid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you reload or have a lot of disposable income, then I would suggest that you get something chambered for the 10mm (G20, in my opinion). It's an awesome cartridge.

I reload, so with a couple of conversion barrels I can shoot some stunningly wicked loads in 10mm, .40 S&W or .357 SIG, all of which are easy to shoot from the full-framed, polymer pistol.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you reload or have a lot of disposable income, then I would suggest that you get something chambered for the 10mm (G20, in my opinion). It's an awesome cartridge.

I reload, so with a couple of conversion barrels I can shoot some stunningly wicked loads in 10mm, .40 S&W or .357 SIG, all of which are easy to shoot from the full-framed, polymer pistol.

What is your favorite 10mm load?

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh yeah. The 10mm is quite pricey, but not as much as .45 Colt or .44 Special.

I'm used to paying steep prices to feed my G31, but a it looks like re-loading could be in my near future if I purchase a G20 or G29.

Latest posts

Top Bottom