Any Glock 20 Owners Out There?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to have a G20 and liked it. I had a few reasons for getting rid of it, sometimes I regret doing so, I still have some cases left that I keep in case I go back.
The chamber of the G20 does not support the case of the 10mm very well, I have seen empties that were bulging pretty bad, kept me from getting the full potential out of the cartridge.
Most factory ammo is almost like the .40S&W, not worth going to a big gun for that performance. I should have bought a KKM barrel and kept the G20. I found some reload data from IMR using 800X that were amazing. IMR removed the hot loads in later revisions of their data.
The real 10mm, not the watered down versions, were designed to be the perfect handgun cartridge. Good bullet diameter, velocity, comfort control. I agree.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Besides the G20 I owned, I shot a Colt Delta (I think) in 10mm.
The Colt was not really designed for the 10mm and I thought that unlike the G20, it had very violent recoil. The owner also mentioned that it was wearing out fast. The G20, like all Glocks, can take a lot of shooting without any wear.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a G20 and G29 that I had Olyeller do a grip reduction on.
I really like the 10mm but I can honestly say that I have not shot them since I got them back from Olyeller. Got a bunch of ammo and really not much interest in them any more. I'd like to hunt some hog's with them some time but don't have a place with hogs on it any more. so...

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I answered my own Gen4 question.

Sadly, the G20/29 are not out yet in Gen4 versions yet. Only the 9 and .40 Glocks have the new skin.

I read a report where Glock made a special run of 3,000 45 G.A.P. pistols exclusively for the Florida Highway Patrol.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Besides the G20 I owned, I shot a Colt Delta (I think) in 10mm.
The Colt was not really designed for the 10mm and I thought that unlike the G20, it had very violent recoil. The owner also mentioned that it was wearing out fast. The G20, like all Glocks, can take a lot of shooting without any wear.

Interesting, I've seen a DE go 40K rounds of 10mm stock, not to mention a Nowlin 10mm with over 70K. What specifically was "wearing out?"

Now I've shot more than a few DEs and I can't say that they had a "very violent recoil" with DT ammo, quite the contrary, but I don't have soft hands. :D I sure hope I can handle that 10mm conversion I've been thinking about getting for my CQB in .40.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting, I've seen a DE go 40K rounds of 10mm stock, not to mention a Nowlin 10mm with over 70K. What specifically was "wearing out?"

Now I've shot more than a few DEs and I can't say that they had a "very violent recoil" with DT ammo, quite the contrary, but I don't have soft hands. :D I sure hope I can handle that 10mm conversion I've been thinking about getting for my CQB in .40.

I only shot it once or twice, quite some time ago. I took it as the slide/frame fit loosening up, could be wrong. The G20 was comfortable. I even bought a .40 barrel for it and it cycled just fine with the stock springs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom