Any idea what these are? gunsmithing parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Several years ago I bought a box of "stuff" from a gunsmith who had retired. These were in it, and I have no idea what they are.

ai264.photobucket.com_albums_ii182_bt223_forsale005.jpg

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To me they look like plastic tubes with writing on them.

No seriously, they are labelled as sears. Could be saved ones that were broken or rounded off or they could be replacement ones or ???

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
oh nevermind, the new site doesn't fit on my screen so I didn't scroll to the right and see the one you have out of the tube.

they obviously are NOT sears. If some of the tubes say hammer and some say sear, mabye they are some kind of go / no go setup that he maybe had a bottom piece that these fit into where he had working examples to check them. Like holes in a plate that the gauges fit into along with a setup for the mainspring, hammer, sear and trigger to check them before installing back into the gun.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe they are pins that will let you check sear engagement on the outside of the firearm, you put the long ends of the pins in the holes where the sear and hammer pins go in the frame and then put the sear and hammer over the short end of the pins. Lets you see how they fit together in the firearm.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe they are pins that will let you check sear engagement on the outside of the firearm, you put the long ends of the pins in the holes where the sear and hammer pins go in the frame and then put the sear and hammer over the short end of the pins. Lets you see how they fit together in the firearm.

hard to see but would agree with gl89aw on bottom row and would guess range rod heads for checking cyl. to barrel alignment for the ones on top row. are the top ones straight with a threaded hole in the end?

Latest posts

Top Bottom