Cross bracing ideas for carport/shop ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So i guess something like the following pics i found?
Yes, collar ties and rafter ties are essentially the same.m Roof framing is all about building triangles, which is the strongest shape.You need something, IMO, to keep your walls from spreading.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And I have to bring up one more thing, I was reluctant to do so, but curiosity got me. I've never seen a scissor truss where the narrow end was at the ridge. The ones I'm familiar with are something like a 4/12 roof pitch, and a 2/12 pitch on the bottom side, which means the wide part is at the ridge, where you need the strength.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Youse guys remind me of this.
No photo description available.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I have to bring up one more thing, I was reluctant to do so, but curiosity got me. I've never seen a scissor truss where the narrow end was at the ridge. The ones I'm familiar with are something like a 4/12 roof pitch, and a 2/12 pitch on the bottom side, which means the wide part is at the ridge, where you need the strength.
That... is what was bothering me!!! Thanks!

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That... is what was bothering me!!! Thanks!
Yeah, it got my attention as well, I was afraid maybe they had been welded up backwards, but you hate to get someone worried. I went back and saw they were chicken house trusses so probably Ok. The other thing is the end use, if you're going to put some hay in there, no big deal, if you're going to put your vintage Corvette collection in it, different deal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom