Any of you guys use the Ultramount for your press/presses?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've ordered an RCBS Summit from Grafs, hopefully sometime in the next couple of months it'll come in. lol

I was wondering about whether I should get one of those Ultramounts. I like the thought of the 4" one, but if I get a higher one with the replaceable top plate, I could use it for other presses in the future, as well. I've got a Lee 1000, as well, that one would require more height than the 4" if I didn't want it hanging off the front of my reloading table.

Just curious what you all have, how you use it, and how you like it, if you have one?

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've ordered an RCBS Summit from Grafs, hopefully sometime in the next couple of months it'll come in. lol

I was wondering about whether I should get one of those Ultramounts. I like the thought of the 4" one, but if I get a higher one with the replaceable top plate, I could use it for other presses in the future, as well. I've got a Lee 1000, as well, that one would require more height than the 4" if I didn't want it hanging off the front of my reloading table.

Just curious what you all have, how you use it, and how you like it, if you have one?

I’ve used up to 4 at one time. This is an old picture when I first moved to them. I think they are great. Mine are the quick-change versions. I also have a vice and powder throw mounted on plates to swap out. I mounted them with inserts in the bench countersunk in. Countersunk the mounts. The same flat head bolts used in the bolts go back in to plug the hole when the mount is not being used. I like the tall mounts on my manual presses and the 550, the medium on my 650. A 4” works better with a 1050.

A bit pricey, but they are much better than the factory Dillon strong mounts.

44edc548202fa94d0f249087b25aced5.jpg

00f057123eb199c842be8e238243ff6b.jpg

567d36d638faf7fa5e8d4f6dd8152013.jpg

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He makes a rail system for storage of presses, tool heads, and misc accessories on a wall. I built a bulkhead in a nook to mount some to see how that goes. It will clear up some much needed storage and surface space. Pieces are on order. Hopefully, I’ll have them to install this weekend.

https://inlinefabrication.com/collections/inline-rail-wall-mount-organization-system

This guy is a bit too wordy for me, but this shows the wall mount system. You can spend 30 seconds on the 6 minute video to see it.

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I second the inline fabrication. I use a rise mount for my rock chucker and it completely changed the experience for me. Much sturdier connection to the bench, easier to use at the higher height... His products are top notch.
43E8F361-A418-45C3-BEE3-67239A75F430.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I second the inline fabrication. I use a rise mount for my rock chucker and it completely changed the experience for me. Much sturdier connection to the bench, easier to use at the higher height... His products are top notch.View attachment 161525
Your bench is way too organized! Future pics must show evidence of rounds being loaded! :lmfao:

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He makes a rail system for storage of presses, tool heads, and misc accessories on a wall. I built a bulkhead in a nook to mount some to see how that goes. It will clear up some much needed storage and surface space. Pieces are on order. Hopefully, I’ll have them to install this weekend.

https://inlinefabrication.com/collections/inline-rail-wall-mount-organization-system

I got got the first pieces in and installed. It worked so well that I ordered and installed a bit more.

Glad to get the spares more organized and clear up a bit if space.

40b681ff1deed9dbb55fdbe3f5ecdf72.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom