Any OSAers have damage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My parent's new storage building on their place near Wellston was totaled, damaged several tractors, threw a car into some trees and scattered years off personal belongings everywhere. Going to be months cleaning everything up.

We gathered up some things before it got dark and hauled off some of the lawn and garden equipment and a motorcycle....I sure hope the looters stay away.

Dave

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at work durring all this (enrote to work night shift) but my girlfriend was meeting her ex to pick up her daughter from the weekend at dads. They meet in Welston. she stayed ahead of it on her way there and got the kido. At 4:23 i got a message "what should I do I dont wanna go back on 44". So told her to find shelter or head south. She headed south and took I-40 back to the city then on to blanchard.

Bad part is she thought about going all the way to highway 9 and cutting over to norman. That would have put her there when those storms were getting serious I think. So in a nutshell she dodged 2 tornados in one day. One was big and by the skin of her teeth. On her way back also missed the bad storm that went through new castle i guess. She was lucky today.....

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had some mail from Carney land in my yard. I live just south of Barnsdall..

Lots of years ago, in the 70's, Wichita Falls Texas had a mile wide tornado sweep through. The next day I had a bank deposit slip with a 20 dollar bill paper clipped to it wet in my front yard in Tulsa. Long Flight.

Back then it was hard to ck what happened, no internet, but I made a call and the bank was not damaged, so someone was going to make a deposit. I clipped two more twenties to it (for me at that time was a lot of money) and mailed it to the banks address for deposit. Hope they were ok, no real way to ck.

About a year later I flew my small plane across that area. It looked like an unmowed yard that someone had taken one trip across with a lawn mower.

Hope everyone is OK as they can be. If not, I hope those who really need help can find a way to post here. I got stuff I do not necessarily need. If someone really needs stuff to survive, I hope they can let us know.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My #3 daughter lives in Indiana but is in Oklahoma visiting. She went down to visit her cousins in Tecumseh and they were in Shawnee when S was hitting the fan but she texted me and said they made it back out to Tecumseh ok.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hard to sit there and watch live TV seeing the damn giant tornado just tearing it up. You know people are losing their homes and maybe their lives and you can't do a damn thing about it. Prayers for all those affected and for everyone today too, as we get ready for another round.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I rode it out just east of lake third.

Roof is gone and water poured in thru ceiling. Probably house is total loss.
I will be selling some guns and ammo in the next few days that I was able to get out last night.

First time homeless for me.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad everybody came out alright. Unfortunate that there was a fatality from the storms.
A girl I went to HS with just moved back to Bixby from Arizona about 4 days ago. She and her husband/kids were staying at her parents just down the road from me, and a random picture fell down out of the sky. Some guy holding a bow and a fish with an arrow in it. Who the heck knows how far that picture traveled.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I rode it out just east of lake third.

Roof is gone and water poured in thru ceiling. Probably house is total loss.
I will be selling some guns and ammo in the next few days that I was able to get out last night.

First time homeless for me.

Sorry to hear. Important thing is that you are ok. I know it sucks, but the house can be replaced.

Latest posts

Top Bottom