Any OSAers have damage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renegadethreads

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I'd didn't have anything close to a storm in Broken Arrow, we had a serious straight line gust that snapped off a neighbors tree at the ground and mangled my already suffering trees. Been cutting huge limbs off the house and fence today. Still feel pretty lucky when I hear about the debris raining down all over the state

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Funny thing is I have signed a contract on a new home and planned to move in 3 weeks.
Just didn't get out in time.

I'm pretty much in a mode of seeing what I can get out before the rain moves in later today.
Right now I don't think I can get back in. Search and rescue is still underway.

Go to the area. IF you stopped from entering, ask for / find the RANKING LE. Show him ID to confirm you are a resident. Inform him firearms being the home and your need to get them out. As a former hurricane and house fire sufferer / survivor, this is what I did and everything that could be saved, was.

Houses and belongings can be replaced. Some photos / mementos cannot, but family safety is paramount. Glad all are OK.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out here in the sticks all we saw were the helicopters flying overhead videoing thew storm. Our other place in Shawnee was right on the south edge of the tornado out at 177 & I-40. No damage there either.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone need a basic kitchen table? It has a clear satin finish over pine and is light colored.
It is a 5x3 or 6x4 straight leg, IKEA special but in decent shape and quite usable without embarrassment.
I can probably bring it up Friday or Saturday.

PM me if interested.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are some pics from the May 19th tornado in the Little Axe area.

i871.photobucket.com_albums_ab279_forbin09_Tornado_205_19_2013_IMG_0273_zps23314313.jpg

i871.photobucket.com_albums_ab279_forbin09_Tornado_205_19_2013_IMG_0278_zps9bba4841.jpg

i871.photobucket.com_albums_ab279_forbin09_Tornado_205_19_2013_IMG_0281_zpscfda8d59.jpg

Check this one out. I had a 12x16 foot storage building on a concrete slab with mowers, tools, and gasoline stored inside.
Six one pound propane cylinders are still sitting on the sill where I had stacked them and the full gasoline containers weren't even
tipped over in spite of the building being collapsed around it.

i871.photobucket.com_albums_ab279_forbin09_Tornado_205_19_2013_IMG_0296_zps7ea8a825.jpg

This lot will be for sale in the classifieds soon. The well and septic are fine and only 3.5 yrs old.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about your home Hobbes. Can you tell me if there was any damage south of Highway 9 on Harrah Newalla road. I rented out there a couple years back and my land lords grand parents were my neighbors they were really sweet people and I'm curious if the last two houses I've lived in were destroyed.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about your home Hobbes. Can you tell me if there was any damage south of Highway 9 on Harrah Newalla road. I rented out there a couple years back and my land lords grand parents were my neighbors they were really sweet people and I'm curious if the last two houses I've lived in were destroyed.
No damage south of hwy 9.
The storm originated over lake Tbird and ground through the little Axe area before killing 2 people in a mobile home park in Bethel acres and roping out over Shawnee.

Latest posts

Top Bottom