Any Tulsa shop stock CMP Garands?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've read on other forums about people who can go into local shops and buy CMP Garands.

If not, how do I do it? Send the CMP a check and my FFL's info? Then the FFL checks my CMP friendly gun club card, etc?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To my doorstep? What if I don't have a C&R License?
no license needed. its the government selling it to you. CMP is "civilian marksmanship program" of the Department of Defense.

they don't sell to gunshops. you need to read up on their webite the rules to buy one.

MrBaldy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
no license needed. its the government selling it to you. CMP is "civilian marksmanship program" of the Department of Defense.

they don't sell to gunshops. you need to read up on their webite the rules to buy one.

from their website .....

From 1916 until 1996 the CMP was administered by the U.S. Army. Title XVI of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1996 (Public Law 104-106, 10 February 1996) created the Corporation for the Promotion of Rifle Practice & Firearms Safety (CPRPFS) to take over administration and promotion of the CMP. The CPRPFS is a tax-exempt non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation that has been Federally chartered by the U.S. Congress, but is not an agency of the U.S. Government (Title 36, United States Code, Section 40701 et seq). Apart from a donation of surplus .22 and .30 caliber rifles in the Army's inventory to the CMP, the CMP receives no Federal funding.

Latest posts

Top Bottom