Anybody a KC Chiefs fan?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripleD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lived in Overland Park from around 3 years old up to 13. I was a big Chiefs fan. Len Dawson, Jan Stenerud and Bobby Bell came to my grade school. A classmates dad was the team doctor.

I don't watch many sports on tv anymore. Whenever I watch teams I like, they usually lose. :scream: I appologize to Sooner fans for the OU-Mizzou game. I watched too much. :sorry4:

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I attended a Royals game that same weekend in '85, which is odd considering which baseball team I root for now!)

Especially since they spanked the Cards in game 7 of the WS that year! I don't even wanna hear about game 6 so save it. :bighug:

Being from KC of course I'm a fan. The first game I ever saw was at Memorial Stadium in 1969. I was 4, so the only thing I remember is my Mom telling me I was booing for the wrong team. So I guess I've also, upon occasion, been booing the Chiefs for 40 years. Glad to see the rebuilding process working. Nervous about the game coming up. I freakin' HATE the Raiders, their mothers, kids, dogs, and everything that FREAK Al Davis stands for!!!!!

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I freakin' HATE the Raiders, their mothers, kids, dogs, and everything that FREAK Al Davis stands for!!!!!

Yep - don't even understand the fanbase. What does a Planet of the Apes costume with spikes all over it have to do with pirates? I agree with my boss (also a die-hard Chiefs fan); if you were going to give the U.S. an enema, Oakland would be the place where you'd put the hose.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't watch much professional sports.
Don't care for multi-million dollar crybabies.

Great story, thanks for sharing.

Not a Cheif's fan but I will say their fans are fun to tailgate with. That stadium is awesome, not a bad seat in the house, you're right over the field.

sky king

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Len Dawson, Willie Lanier, Otis Taylor, Ed Podolak, and the fat guy on the sidelines with the rolled up paper.... naah, never heard of them...

Don't forget Fred Arbanas. Lost sight in his left eye four years AFTER he started playing pro ball. It's tough enough to catch a pass with one eye. He was All Time All-AFL with one eye!

I was stationed in Topeka 1968-71. Got to be a Chiefs fan then. Len Dawson sold Bologna on TV on the side . . .

Latest posts

Top Bottom