shoulder surgery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy and happy holidays,

Random so I hope im posting in the correct place....Anyone had a shoulder SLAP repair? I'm about a month out from surgery, and not real sure where I should be on the recovery scale.

Many thanks in advance!

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Howdy and happy holidays,

Random so I hope im posting in the correct place....Anyone had a shoulder SLAP repair? I'm about a month out from surgery, and not real sure where I should be on the recovery scale.

Many thanks in advance!
I had my right shoulder done back in July. Other than a delay in getting me into physical therapy, I think my recovery has gone fairly well. I have full range of motion now and almost all of the strength back. I'd definitely recommend doing all of the PT your insurance will cover.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had my right shoulder done back in July. Other than a delay in getting me into physical therapy, I think my recovery has gone fairly well. I have full range of motion now and almost all of the strength back. I'd definitely recommend doing all of the PT your insurance will cover.
Ditto on the PT, both at the PT clinic & the take-home exercises with resistance bands. It makes a great difference on how well you recover strength and mobility.

aabokla

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had surgery in October. What’s helped tremendously is working out in a heated therapy pool at the gym and doing the home exercises as well as always keeping an ice pack ready to go in the freezer.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

My spinal fractures will be problematic for the rest of my life because I couldn't get into PT until almost a year later (Covid).

I've had rotator cuff surgery and I will say the quicker you get into PT and the more consistent you are about doing the exercises the better off you will be in the long run.

I have had to go to PT for a bunch of different things (shoulder, neck, ankle, wrist, back) and I STILL do the exercises for ALL of them morning and evening. I don't know how old you are, OP, but you aren't getting any younger, so just plan on doing your PT exercises for the rest of your life. It will help keep your damned joints from creaking and locking up on you. I know WAY more about this than I ever wanted to ... Lol

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1703952282681.png

Depending on which shoulder of course.

Latest posts

Top Bottom