Anybody ever try any Russian Tula 223 ammo???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know if this the same stuff as the monarch that Academy has?

Monarch is made by Barnaul. What most vendors are selling right now is Ulyanovsk which is not Tula. Tula makes Wolf. Barnaul now makes the Bears, Ulyanovsk used to.

Last manufacturer of those 3 I would buy is Tula/Wolf. Not all of the Monarch stuff is made by Barnaul though but I don't think it's ever been Wolf, the ones I know of that weren't Barnaul were pistol calibers.

T-Baggin98

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive looked at the same ammo from CTD. Has anyone had any long term problems from it being so dirty?? I guess if you had you would have said so. Thats the only reason I haven't bought any though, I was always told that it had bad long term effects on the AR's.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive looked at the same ammo from CTD. Has anyone had any long term problems from it being so dirty?? I guess if you had you would have said so. Thats the only reason I haven't bought any though, I was always told that it had bad long term effects on the AR's.

I don't know the manufacturer of the steel case ammo that jammed two AR 15s at the range. They got stuck and they couldn't open the bolt.
One of them tried a screwdriver on the bolt and ended breaking a piece of the bolt.
The other, the guy took it home.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know the manufacturer of the steel case ammo that jammed two AR 15s at the range. They got stuck and they couldn't open the bolt.
One of them tried a screwdriver on the bolt and ended breaking a piece of the bolt.
The other, the guy took it home.

a screwdriver...jeez, next time tell him to set the weapon with barrel up, then kick the charging handle down..it will work. or he can slam the gun down on its butt and that will do it also, but can and occasionally does bust the butt plate. It shooting at h&h, then you probably cannot do this. However the gun shop will unjam it for $5. what they will probably do is that same thing or something similar but in a vise and with a soft mallet. ar's aint as complex as some folks make them..

back on topic, Every ammo I have ever shot makes my guns dirty, all of it fails sometimes, this steel case stuff shot just fine in everything I have shot it in. Probably not bolt gun long range accurate, but it isn't designed for it. I like firing my ar a lot, so enjoy it more when I don't feel like I am getting screwed for .40 a round. I can shoot a ton for .20..I know semantics, but 2000 rds for the same money as 1000....mmmm. I will and do shoot it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom