Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been a while since I owned an L frame. That has been corrected in the form of a 2.5" Model 686-3. I need to find the correct rear sight assembly for it.
686-3a1SM.jpg

686-3a2SM.jpg

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been looking at K/L frame round butt targets for a while. I just can't cough up the funds without knowing how they handle.

I hear ya. Been looking for the right opportunity for a long time. Might have paid up a bit but they were in great original shape.
I tried a set of round-to-square Altamonts. Looked good but did not feel right. I've got round combats on a couple of others but I got them before folks found out there was gold under the wood finish. These feel nice but have not had the opportunity to shoot with them.
Good luck.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I hear ya. Been looking for the right opportunity for a long time. Might have paid up a bit but they were in great original shape.
I tried a set of round-to-square Altamonts. Looked good but did not feel right. I've got round combats on a couple of others but I got them before folks found out there was gold under the wood finish. These feel nice but have not had the opportunity to shoot with them.
Good luck.
The prices on combats are crazy. I need(want) a set of round N combats but there’s no way I’m gonna cough up $400 and up on a set

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The prices on combats are crazy. I need(want) a set of round N combats but there’s no way I’m gonna cough up $400 and up on a set

I agree. I've about decided to order a set of Culina round butt combats. It seems strange to me that they are more affordable than a used set of S&W combats.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure I posted this (better living through meds.....ha) but I've got my first lee mold. I have a picture on my phone and will post it. I have all my stuff including a source for wheel weights. Have the lead pot and pour. Got the lee 6 bullet mold for 124 grain. I'm waiting to find a 45 cal, 6.5 and 30-30 and that should be a great start.
Have my reloading room ready except I need to put a torch to one of my benches to bring out the grain, then varnish it.
Wife let me take over one of the bedrooms for this project so I've got to thank her.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure I posted this (better living through meds.....ha) but I've got my first lee mold. I have a picture on my phone and will post it. I have all my stuff including a source for wheel weights. Have the lead pot and pour. Got the lee 6 bullet mold for 124 grain. I'm waiting to find a 45 cal, 6.5 and 30-30 and that should be a great start.
Have my reloading room ready except I need to put a torch to one of my benches to bring out the grain, then varnish it.
Wife let me take over one of the bedrooms for this project so I've got to thank her.

Ummmmmmmm ... yes, you are one tough old bird!

Latest posts

Top Bottom