Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mentioned this in another thread, but it belongs here too...

I got the slide to my Kareen Hi Power clone back from Novak's yesterday. They milled the slide then installed a brass bead front sight and low profile rear.
Kareen1dSM.jpg

How is the brass bead in lower light? Thinking of having on installed on a 1911 for those times when the light isn't great. My colt has a fiber optic front sight and i am not a fan. Nice Looking Hi Power.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mentioned this in another thread, but it belongs here too...

I got the slide to my Kareen Hi Power clone back from Novak's yesterday. They milled the slide then installed a brass bead front sight and low profile rear.
Kareen1dSM.jpg
Love them High Powers from John Browning.
Oh wait, this is a clone, nevermind.

Was that rude? Sorry.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How is the brass bead in lower light? Thinking of having on installed on a 1911 for those times when the light isn't great. My colt has a fiber optic front sight and i am not a fan. Nice Looking Hi Power.

The brass bead reflects pretty well in low light situations. It's not as bright as fiber, but I like it better.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Set of Talon Grips (rubber) for the Glock 48. Wanted to try these before I butcher the frame. Fit was good and they feel really nice. Will have to test them out this weekend.

View attachment 162388

I put the same grips on my daughters G48 and both her and I are pleased with them.

You both like that G48, in general? I haven't bought anything in a long time, and I've been considering picking one up. I know I can buy one for $470 OTD.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really do. I had the 43x when it launched and sold it. To much like my P365 and limited capacity. When the S15 mags, launched I bought both the 43x and 48. Sold the 43x again and kept the 48. I really enjoy shooting it. Like a skinny Glock 19 with a 20 round backup.

That's kinda' my way of thinking. I tried the 43 (not the 43X) and the P365 and the Hellcat. Absolutely nothing wrong with any of them. But, none of them made me want to give up my PPS M2. So, I kinda' shifted gears and leaned toward the G48. Haven't made up my mind yet.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's kinda' my way of thinking. I tried the 43 (not the 43X) and the P365 and the Hellcat. Absolutely nothing wrong with any of them. But, none of them made me want to give up my PPS M2. So, I kinda' shifted gears and leaned toward the G48. Haven't made up my mind yet.

What about a Luger? What about a Luger? What about a Luger? What about a Luger? What about a Luger?

It'll make you smile everytime!! :burnout:

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up some more 5.56 62 gr ammo again today. Another lucky find on American eagle 150 rounds for 20 bucks.
Guy had a box of it and some other ammo, sitting in a box in his dad's garage. Box was falling apart so it had to have been wet at some time, but the ammo looked ok. Guess I'll find out the hard way. Eyeballed them and can't see any issues but put them loose in a couple of bags of rice to let them set for a while.
Not sure that makes any difference but I'll find out soon. $20 bucks was hard to pass up
Rice works well on wet iPhones, so it should work reasonably well on ammo. :) And yes, indeed, that price was way too good to pass up!

Latest posts

Top Bottom