Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Vietnam era holster rig and GI contract Checkmate mags waiting for a 1911-A1 arsenal rebuild from the CMP. Still no RNG notification though...

U5HlcuTh.jpg

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...also waiting on the CZ 75B SA to get back from cerakote so that I can install the following parts from CZ Custom.

Straight trigger with pre-travel and over-travel adjustments.

Competition hammer

Pre-B sear

Thin aluminum grip panels with hex screws

4oZqeDPh.jpg

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So got a slug barrel off ebay for the Mossberg Paid $56 + 15 shipping.
Cool! :thumb:

I've always wondered about the range & accuracy of those.
Most times, a can improves the accuracy. There has been some reports of this can changing the POA by a bit, but with a scope adjustment, it's not an issue.
Um, Dennis, as you can see by the chain of quotes, the accuracy speculation was about the Mossberg slug barrel, not your can... unless you're planning to mount said suppressor on a 12 gauge slug barrel.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks ! I am really stoked about the possibilities of this thing !! Thanks for the Shotty!:cool: Been going back and forth as to whether I will refurb the wood, definitely leaving the patina on the metal , but the wood I may have to deal with .

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
...also waiting on the CZ 75B SA to get back from cerakote so that I can install the following parts from CZ Custom.

Straight trigger with pre-travel and over-travel adjustments.

Competition hammer

Pre-B sear

Thin aluminum grip panels with hex screws

4oZqeDPh.jpg

What is the point of the SA trigger on the pistol for? Is it basically a target gun? Passed one of these up because of the SA.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is the point of the SA trigger on the pistol for? Is it basically a target gun? Passed one of these up because of the SA.

It's all in your preference as to whether or not you want to carry a DA pistol hammer down or a SA pistol in condition one like a 1911.

I would not classify the SAO version as target pistol out of the box, but the actions in the SAO guns can be modified in a way that they are comparable to a quality 1911 trigger. While the stock trigger in the SAO 75 is an improvement over the DA/SA pistol, it does require some work since there is excessive pre-travel and reset on a stock SA 75B trigger. Hence the adjustable trigger, comp hammer, and the pre-B sear which deletes the firing pin block.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom