Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Traded for a Garcia Model D 380. A mini 1911 in looks and with an interesting history.

Firearms Int'l (FI) was an importer that got absorbed by another importer, Garcia Sporting Arms, in 1971. FI was importing Rossi and Star firearms at the time, and before the Gun Control Act of 1968 the Star "Starfire" which was known in Europe as the Star DK. The gun did not meet importation requirement under GCA 68 and was banned.

Garcia tooled up Firearms International to make frames with a couple of small changes (longer grip spur, for one) and struck a deal with Colt, who wanted a small .380 pistol in its line, to produce the Colt "Pony" using FI-made frames and possibly also slides with other parts imported from Star in Spain. These frames had serial numbers starting with 'CPA.' Colt was having one of its internal upheavals and they never got any guns out to speak of - Colt 'Pony' pistols from this run are fairly rare. Garcia/FI had all these frames and the FI Model D was born.

Firearms International went away in the late 1970's and the gun resurfaces as the Iver Johnson 'Pony' still using frames serialized 'CPA.' This is all intertwined with Lou Imperato and his various gun enterprises in the late 1960's through 1980's.

Can use the same mags as the Beretta 70s and I have heard but can not confirm the Kimber 380. Now I have a nice pocket pistol for when it is to hot for my 1911.

View attachment 224888
Nice score RickN

Robert Mettler

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My fat thumbs caused me to post the previous message twice. Heres a pic of the bad case

Attachments

• 20210925_193901.jpg
    20210925_193901.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 45

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Traded for a Garcia Model D 380. A mini 1911 in looks and with an interesting history.

Firearms Int'l (FI) was an importer that got absorbed by another importer, Garcia Sporting Arms, in 1971. FI was importing Rossi and Star firearms at the time, and before the Gun Control Act of 1968 the Star "Starfire" which was known in Europe as the Star DK. The gun did not meet importation requirement under GCA 68 and was banned.

Garcia tooled up Firearms International to make frames with a couple of small changes (longer grip spur, for one) and struck a deal with Colt, who wanted a small .380 pistol in its line, to produce the Colt "Pony" using FI-made frames and possibly also slides with other parts imported from Star in Spain. These frames had serial numbers starting with 'CPA.' Colt was having one of its internal upheavals and they never got any guns out to speak of - Colt 'Pony' pistols from this run are fairly rare. Garcia/FI had all these frames and the FI Model D was born.

Firearms International went away in the late 1970's and the gun resurfaces as the Iver Johnson 'Pony' still using frames serialized 'CPA.' This is all intertwined with Lou Imperato and his various gun enterprises in the late 1960's through 1980's.

Can use the same mags as the Beretta 70s and I have heard but can not confirm the Kimber 380. Now I have a nice pocket pistol for when it is to hot for my 1911.

View attachment 224888

@RickN knowing at one time (like all factory ammo) .380 ammo was pretty scarce I don't know how you're fixed on .380 and I certainly don't have an over abundance but I could probably spare ten rounds of Federal 95 gr. FMJ and ten rounds of Federal 90 gr. JHP if you're in a bind FTF in Norman.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@RickN knowing at one time (like all factory ammo) .380 ammo was pretty scarce I don't know how you're fixed on .380 and I certainly don't have an over abundance but I could probably spare ten rounds of Federal 95 gr. FMJ and ten rounds of Federal 90 gr. JHP if you're in a bind FTF in Norman.
Thanks but I traded him some 20ga ammo for some 380 he had. I am good for now unless I run across the rest of the 20ga I have somewhere. Then I will need a pocket or IWB holster worse.

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did a little trading with @rockchalk06 today for this tlr7 sub.
I wasn’t even sure I was going to keep this pistol when I got it but the more I carry it the better I like it. 15+1 with an extended mag, the ability to change grip modules, red dot ready and now a 500 lumen light in such a small package…it’s growing on me!
The pink shoebox didn’t come with the light, came with another recent trade and I thought it jazzed the pic up a little.
A16B0930-B106-44F4-9454-FA0FD74A5A3D.jpeg

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did a little trading with @rockchalk06 today for this tlr7 sub.
I wasn’t even sure I was going to keep this pistol when I got it but the more I carry it the better I like it. 15+1 with an extended mag, the ability to change grip modules, red dot ready and now a 500 lumen light in such a small package…it’s growing on me!
The pink shoebox didn’t come with the light, came with another recent trade and I thought it jazzed the pic up a little.
View attachment 224927
Thank you again brother! I'm super stoked with this Bradford. Perfect size and fits right at 2 o'clock.
20210926_163819.jpg
20210926_163841.jpg

20210926_163850.jpg

Last edited:

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife has been showing some interest, and I still wanted to try the Shield Plus. Picked up one on my lunch break yesterday and two additional 13 rounders after work. I really like the way this feels in the hand. If she doesn't like it, I have no problem throwing this in my smart carry holster. I opted for the non MS model. I like external safeties, but these Shield safeties will get my ass killed!

The trigger! O man this trigger. Little take up and a little grit, but very clean break. The trigger dongle goes 100% flush on the trigger shoe and makes it very comfortable. I owned and carried an original Shield when they launched and that one was 100% reliable. I'm hoping the same for this one.

Fence Picts:
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom