Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Just got this from a fellow OSA member. It appears to be in new in the box condition and may have never even been fired. Even has extra magazines. The blurs on the slide are actually reflections, not defects. This thing is shiny new looking.

Phoenix Arms Model Raven.
The 5th gen Raven. Now I just need to find a 1st gen and I'll have examples of the entire line.

View attachment 252135View attachment 252136View attachment 252137
So are all the ravens a good buy or are there models I should avoid.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So are all the ravens a good buy or are there models I should avoid.

Well... and this goes for all 5 generations of the pistol:

1. The frames and slides are cast zinc alloy.
2. The original firing pins are cast metal and prone to breaking. Every one I have, now has a replacement stainless steel firing pin, including the 5th gen I just got. But they are very easy to replace so, there's that.
3. They shoot a very anemic round - 25ACP. And only holds 6+1 rds on top of that.
4. The magazine release is on the heal and you can't drop a mag 1-handed.
5. The safety lever on some can be difficult to move , and on some it's so easy to move it's almost impossible to keep the safety on.

TLDR; They are an absolute terrible choice for a carry weapon but are cheap, simple construction, and a helluva lota fun to plink around with.
And the differences between the 5 generations are in reality, pretty negligible.

Last edited:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Well, this goes for all 5 generations of the pistol:

1. The frames and slides are cast zinc alloy.
2. The original firing pins are cast metal and prone to breaking. Every one I have, now has a replacement stainless steel firing pin, including the 5th gen I just got. But they are very easy to replace so, there's that.
3. They shoot a very anemic round - 25ACP. And only holds 6+1 rds on top of that.
4. The magazine release is on the heal and you can't drop a mag 1-handed.
5. The safety lever on some can be difficult to move , and on some it's so easy to move it's almost impossible to keep the safety on.

TLDR; They are an absolute terrible choice for a carry weapon but are cheap, simple construction, and a helluva lota fun to plink around with.
And the differences between the 5 generations are in reality, pretty negligible.
That is kind of what I have been reading.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need to get me some of those
I have a few already that I've been using. They are holding up nicely. .22 and .22mag doesn't even touch them. .223 at 50 yards will leave a very small divot tho. But for the price, I can't complain.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083TK933C?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
1644625262650.png

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a couple of 5" AR500 steel targets also today.
It appears the box barely survived the trip.

View attachment 252138View attachment 252139
When I worked at Walmart, many times our weights boxes (both plates and dumbbells) would come out of the storeroom looking like that, sometimes with only a pair (or two) of those fiber straps to keep the box together.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom