Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
RMR order of Hornady 62 grain FMJBT's arrived today
1665708662187.png

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Decided to stop messing around and get real with this hobby

Fallout10 by Black Rain
PRS magpul stock
CMC 4lb single stage drop in
P.E.P.R. mount
Vortex Diamondback tactical 6x24x50
Gamma 3 chamber muzzle brake
Aero percision ambi charging handle
Magpul mlok bipod (I love these)
Magpul foregrip

Attachments

• 20221013_153111.jpg
    20221013_153111.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got my MSP M&P 45 today on my way to the range (how convenient!) and I have mixed feelings. I assumed it came with box and backstraps (mine came with the medium) like most others that have been for sale around the web and in my haste to jump on the deal, I missed the part where it was only gun and 3 mags. You can tell it was well used and one of the mags looked like it had dropped on rocks or gravel then never wiped down afterwards so some minor rust spots were present. Other 2 mags were worn but rust free. The gun on the other hand... If I find that armorer or the LEO that owned this thing I'm going to thump both of their ears for the disgraceful way this tool was put away! It was gnarly in the striker channel and fire control group. I'm surprised it even fired, but it did and it's quite the shooter. Far better than I'll ever be. After a massive cleaning and after my Mcarbo spring kit arrives Monday to take care of the Mass-a-2-chits heavy trigger I'll give another update.
20221014_154107.jpg

All in all I'm happy with the deal and hope the spring kit will cement my decision. Not bad for just over $350 with transfer fee.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got my MSP M&P 45 today on my way to the range (how convenient!) and I have mixed feelings. I assumed it came with box and backstraps (mine came with the medium) like most others that have been for sale around the web and in my haste to jump on the deal, I missed the part where it was only gun and 3 mags. You can tell it was well used and one of the mags looked like it had dropped on rocks or gravel then never wiped down afterwards so some minor rust spots were present. Other 2 mags were worn but rust free. The gun on the other hand... If I find that armorer or the LEO that owned this thing I'm going to thump both of their ears for the disgraceful way this tool was put away! It was gnarly in the striker channel and fire control group. I'm surprised it even fired, but it did and it's quite the shooter. Far better than I'll ever be. After a massive cleaning and after my Mcarbo spring kit arrives Monday to take care of the Mass-a-2-chits heavy trigger I'll give another update.
View attachment 310279
All in all I'm happy with the deal and hope the spring kit will cement my decision. Not bad for just over $350 with transfer fee.
I am interested in how the MCARBO spring kit does. Also, let us know how easy (or Not) it is to swap out the springs.
Enjoy!

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 310279
It seems every 45 I ever had was neglected in some way or another.

Para ordnance 2011 I had was given to me, as a gift...slide was seized and firing pin was broken.

Gen 1 vector hadn't been shot in almost a decade....was so much of a pain to rack.. then it was so picky with mags.

The xds 45 had so much copper on the rifling that I had to clean it 6 times to get the fouling out as well.

Thing is that I noticed 99% of people have no idea how to maintain a weapon.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am interested in how the MCARBO spring kit does. Also, let us know how easy (or Not) it is to swap out the springs.
Enjoy!
Will do, but pretty much anything I do that involves springs is a PIA! Like when I was trying to clean the firing pin safety plunger, the spring retainer under the rear sight was supposed to have a nipple on it to capture the spring. Mine, nope! Smoother than baby's butt. Trying to keep spring under slippery retainer plate while tapping rear sight back home was a lesson in zen gunsmithing so as to not throw the whole assembly across the room! Lol. Mcarbo has a video of the R&R process and is pretty informative if you speed up video.

Latest posts

Top Bottom