Anybody have or had a Shelby Dakota?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdcrig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't even know this truck existed until I was visiting the Shelby Automotive museum in Las Vegas a couple years ago. That thing looked so pathetic next to all of the other great Shelby contributions. I would take it if you gave it to me and turn around and sell it the next day. If you're ever in Vegas go visit the Shelby museum. It's amazing to stand 15 feet away from Mr. Shelby's original blue Cobra. Rumor has it he's turned down $20 Mil for it.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never seen one. But I had a 2001 Dakota R/T.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_Danny45_RT_G2.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v247_Danny45_RT_B2.jpg

rh6585

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i used to have a 1994 regular cab short bed dakota sport w/ factory 318 V8 and it ran like a raped aped for the time. i could run right next to a mustang GT or Trans Am of the time w/ just flowmaster and hi-po computer to make it happen.(I said i could run WITH them not necessarily beat them, but if you only run races you KNOW you're gonna win, then you're not doing it right. i believe it had 225 hp stock and the computer was supposed to add 24hp and like 20 ft lbs. of torque. I loved that truck..........but it wasnt a shelby or anything just a regular cab short bed V8. My personalized tag said V8MOPAR. that got me into a couple of races......I also had a white 94 Lightning. it had A LOT more torque.... 351 vs. 318....i can see why. the lightning had more cubes, but in a straight-up drag race....I'll take the V8 dakota.

Latest posts

Top Bottom