Anybody hunt arrowheads ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to have several that my Grandfather gave me, but as a dumb-butt kid, I threw them away. I have taken up flink knapping a part-time habit. I don't do it so much anymore, but make a few "bird points" for a display case my wife wanted to put in the house.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_arrow_heads.jpg

I did find what I think is a Dalton point that is pretty much perfect in the river last year. I'm going to take it to the Okla outdoor expo this year to make sure. There is a guy there in a booth that can tell you just about anything you want to know about an artifact. Years ago I found a petrified shell looking thing in the river, and took it to the expo. The guy instantly knew it was the outside of a molar of a prehistoric bison. He even had a skull on the counter of a bison, and slapped it on the tooth...perfect match:D :D I'll try and get a pic of the one I found on the river and get it posted.

My cousin has an extensive collection of points he has recovered from the Arkansas river.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to have several that my Grandfather gave me, but as a dumb-butt kid, I threw them away. I have taken up flint knapping a part-time habit. I don't do it so much anymore, but make a few "bird points" for a display case my wife wanted to put in the house. I did find what I think is a Dalton point that is pretty much perfect in the river last year. I'm going to take it to the Okla outdoor expo this year to make sure. There is a guy there in a booth that can tell you just about anything you want to know about an artifact. Years ago I found a petrified shell looking thing in the river, and took it to the expo. The guy instantly knew it was the outside of a molar of a prehistoric bison. He even had a skull on the counter of a bison, and slapped it on the tooth...perfect match:D :D I'll try and get a pic of the one I found on the river and get it posted.

My cousin has an extensive collection of points he has recovered from the Arkansas river.

Latest posts

Top Bottom