Anybody hunt Pushmataha WMA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Push, Honobia, and Three Rivers all turn into a Dallas suburb. Honobia is starting to lease large tracts out of it too (the timber companies that jointly own the land), so be careful because what you may have had access to last year might be posted this year.

Word has made it down south, and now big money is coming up here.

The little feed shop in Clayton sells 10 tons of corn per day during the Texas rush...she literally sells it by the pallet.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Drew for a hunt there once, The area they put me in was wall to wall trees. Shooting distance was like 5 foot.
Only person to get a shot was some lady who went back to the car and shot one along the trail. But that was 40 years ago, things may have changed

Okiemhodge

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Drew for a hunt there once, The area they put me in was wall to wall trees. Shooting distance was like 5 foot.
Only person to get a shot was some lady who went back to the car and shot one along the trail. But that was 40 years ago, things may have changed
They have done a lot of clear cutting over there and it is very open. Too open in places. I like now hunting over there. Go to the river road and get as far as you can manage once you get to the bottom. There are some big bucks in that area. I have cancer now and haven't been able to get over there in a few years. I can also give you directions to the place I hunt if you want. Good luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom