Anybody like drone vids??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just bought one with a camera Saturday and don't know crap about flying it. So I bought a cheap one to learn on. Glanced at the instructions, put in the batteries and tried it out in my backyard. Damn thing went straight up when I pushed the speed lever forward. Panicked moving controls and the darn thing went way up a over the house and out of sight. It was gone. Wooded area and fields that I've been looking through but it's gone.
Going to test out the nice one in a very open field till I learn the basics.
My wife is still laughing at me.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just bought one with a camera Saturday and don't know crap about flying it. So I bought a cheap one to learn on. Glanced at the instructions, put in the batteries and tried it out in my backyard. Damn thing went straight up when I pushed the speed lever forward. Panicked moving controls and the darn thing went way up a over the house and out of sight. It was gone. Wooded area and fields that I've been looking through but it's gone.
Going to test out the nice one in a very open field till I learn the basics.
My wife is still laughing at me.
HAHAHA! I did the same with a $40 no camera helo.
I did find it though about a month later. I was determined to find it, and walked patterns in the field behind the house until I saw it laying in the grass.
The more expensive models have features to prevent that. Still looking at getting one.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HAHAHA! I did the same with a $40 no camera helo.
I did find it though about a month later. I was determined to find it, and walked patterns in the field behind the house until I saw it laying in the grass.
The more expensive models have features to prevent that. Still looking at getting one.
Mine's has a lot of idiot stops that I need. Have looked a little bit every day and I would think after it got out of radio link it would shut off but what the hell do I know.
Wife still laughing....I deserve it. Ha.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine's has a lot of idiot stops that I need. Have looked a little bit every day and I would think after it got out of radio link it would shut off but what the hell do I know.
Wife still laughing....I deserve it. Ha.
Yeah, my son that was with me said it was a hilarious moment watching me try to juggle the controls to get it back, but it was out of radio contact by that time. The profanity laced comments were what was funny to him, or maybe throwing the controller on the ground in disgust. Who Knows.

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the interest of full disclosure, the comments from this link ( https://www.dpreview.com/news/04591...e-flying-over-inside-and-under-a-moving-train ) will attest to the possible "illeagle" nature of the flight and possible consequences.....thousands dead.....clubbing of harp seals.....de-railment of the vehicle.....an ever expanding black hole of regulation being a downer on everyone's fun.....interesting to a casual observer.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the interest of full disclosure, the comments from this link ( https://www.dpreview.com/news/04591...e-flying-over-inside-and-under-a-moving-train ) will attest to the possible "illeagle" nature of the flight and possible consequences.....thousands dead.....clubbing of harp seals.....de-railment of the vehicle.....an ever expanding black hole of regulation being a downer on everyone's fun.....interesting to a casual observer.
Your right. I never thought of that. Landing on the train, etc is illegal?

Latest posts

Top Bottom