Anyone ever use a Badger latch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osage48

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a scopes on flat top AR's and sometimes have trouble getting a hold of the charging handles.

I had heard that the Badger latch may help and was wondering if anyone has any experience.

Also, if they are good, where can I find one locally or the best place to order from?

Thanks!

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the Tech-Latch much better, bigger handle and on the right side for right handers. It can be found at techwearusa.com

If you just have to have the badger latch, I believe Brownells and DPMS carry them. KurtM

Osage48

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am just looking for a solution and not attached to any brand. I tried techwear.com but didn't see anything but clothes and magwells.

thanks for your help!

QTRMOA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The PRI latch is my favorite. They sell these individually from their charging handle for around $15
The Badger seemed too big and was always snagging on my gear.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah you are right I guess Bob Novak hasn't updated his web site for the Tech-Latch. It is made for Tech Wear by Terry Lowenger...you might try a search on his name and I will try to load up a picture of one soon!

I agree with Spiff....sort of.... they do tend to bend the op-rod IF used as a quick large handle to wrack the rifle like in a jam or quick one hand wrack. I have seen several of the over-sized handles do this and don't like them because of that.....but if you remember to grab the whole handle when doing these operations, no problem and like you said you need something to help get around a scope. Thats a differnt use all together

Ahhh here it is, My amigo Sterling White had this in an other forum! The Tech Latch is on the right, Badger on the left. You can see that if you are looking for a handle to make it easier to use with an optic Tec-Latch is the way to go. Kurt

Attachments

• tech latch.jpg
    tech latch.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 157

Osage48

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you know if I can find the Badger locally? I am left handed and just looking to get a hold of the handle until I clear the scope. I will check out the PRI.

Latest posts

Top Bottom