Anyone get a resident goose?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The AmberLynn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does that mean you'd support the DA in the charge for animal cruelty?

No. I just think killing something very quickly is the best way. I wasn't there but I have a picture in my head of some poor goose being beaten to death with a dictionary or something.

My uncle had some of the big domesticated white geese. They used to walk across the pasture and poop in our yard. Drove my stepdad nuts.

I came home from school one day and found goose crap all over the porch. On the bar there was a note.

"Go outside and clean up, haul those geese back down to your uncle's house. Couldn't take it anymore."

I went out the back door and found spent shotgun hulls and 8 dead geese in the backyard.

Are you still having nightmares?

Reaction score
"Can you still hear the lambs crying, Claa-reeecce?" :D

No. I just think killing something very quickly is the best way.

Well yeah, I do too, but if the guy was ethical and knew what he was doing (maybe; maybe not), then he uses one whack to stun it and take control, and then a quick spin-a-rama by the head to break it's neck, and it's over very quickly. That's what I'd do. But I agree, you ought not beat one to death with a dictionary.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't believe in killing geese, whether their residents, or just passin through.
I could kill one with a ball bat in a wet year. I haven't seen a wet year in quite a while.

Latest posts

Top Bottom