Anyone have range hours using a mock suppressor? (.223)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noema

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The title of your thread is confusing. Are you talking about using a mock suppressor? Why would someone want to use a mock one?
Yes, a fake suppressor. I don’t know. They just look cool lol. I know there are going to be people hating on them for that reason 🤣. They also add more control, due having more weight in the front from what I’m told. The science adds up on that. My sig 556 is a lot heavier in the front than my AR. Which causes my sig to not hop as much under rapid fire.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, a fake suppressor. I don’t know. They just look cool lol. I know there are going to be people hating on them for that reason 🤣. They also add more control, due having more weight in the front from what I’m told. The science adds up on that. My sig 556 is a lot heavier in the front than my AR. Which causes my sig to not hop as much under rapid fire.
Anything you hang on a barrel is going to effect the harmonics. Using high speed photography, they have seen barrels "whip" every so slightly as the bullet is travelling down the tube. Ultimate accuracy requires the barrel to finish it's "whip" at the same place every time as the bullet exits.
Putting this mock suppressor is probably going to change the point of impact downrange. Will it hold accuracy? I guess it's possible but most of the time it has a detrimental effect.
Real suppressors stabilize the bullet as it travels between the baffles which can actually improve accuracy in most cases.
The only way you will know is to buy one and try it.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ugh

Noema

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anything you hang on a barrel is going to effect the harmonics. Using high speed photography, they have seen barrels "whip" every so slightly as the bullet is travelling down the tube. Ultimate accuracy requires the barrel to finish it's "whip" at the same place every time as the bullet exits.
Putting this mock suppressor is probably going to change the point of impact downrange. Will it hold accuracy? I guess it's possible but most of the time it has a detrimental effect.
Real suppressors stabilize the bullet as it travels between the baffles which can actually improve accuracy in most cases.
The only way you will know is to buy one and try it.
Fair point. I was just reading about the benefit of a mock suppressor and it was pretty much saying it helps the gun stay flatter as you shoot due to the added weight. I’ve never had one, so that’s why I’m here asking those who have lol. They are pretty cheap, 40 bucks so I figured that doesn’t sound too bad.

Noema

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
65C3F210-891D-4B7A-B99A-11BDF7218CFD.jpeg

82360AA0-8AD8-4663-B9AA-D08746D16630.jpeg

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't be any worse than running a flash hider or brake. Everyone will know it's not real but I doubt anyone will care enough to confront you about it.

Might be beneficial like you say. I use a Noveske KX3 on my AR pistol and it blows all the concussion forward and makes the gun a lot more pleasing to shoot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom