anyone have the SIRT traning pistol?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhollie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
training.... spell check....

I know they make a glock17/22 version(would be cool in M&P but have never seen one)....
,,,,,,,thought it might be fun around the house to train on those laser targets.... they also have those small insert kits for any weapon but i dont want to swap them out of my guns all the time,,,,, and by the time you buy the trigger reset kit it ends up about the same price...... would rather have a dedicated pistol for this.....

any advice or opinions on these would be appreciated....

thanks

Last edited:
J

Jckellison

Don't have one, but have a friend who does. I would completely advocate purchasing one. Tons of fun while mastering trigger control and muscle memory.

bhollie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
now thats what i wanted to hear! how could it not be fun? one of those and a few paper or laser targets and being stuck in the house wouldnt be so bad........ especially on days like the last two..... will it ever stop raining?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hold on a minute before you go out and nab one.

What are you looking at when training with the SIRT pistol? Answer: The target with the flashy red and green dots on it.

What are you looking at when you shoot? Answer: Your front sight. If you are shooting properly you are hard focused on your front sight.

See the problem here? You can do everything with plain old fashioned dry fire that you can do with a $400+ SIRT pistol. If you are in the business of training people to shoot I can see some value for diagnosing things, but I'm not sold on them for dryfire practice. Heck, I think a high end green gas airsoft pistol would be better training. YMMV.

bhollie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i talked to a guy that sells them and he said you CAN use the red/red or red/green combo on those targets but they will only pick up the red lasers.... you can however reverse the polarity on the pro model where the green and red are reversed...

J

Jckellison

We use the laserlyte target. It allows a grouping of sorts, which would indicate if your pulling/pushing your muzzle.

Dry firing is great too, but dry firing doesnt have lasers, or bacon. it has to have bacon

Latest posts

Top Bottom