Anyone in Altus?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koshinn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anything to do here? I know there's yellow rose pistol range, but I only have 5.56 ARs. I've been driving to OKC to fire my rifles, among other things.

Oklahoma Stronghold

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lot of people in Altus and around(Snyder, Tipton, Duke, Headrick etc) have land and they wouldn't mind letting you go shoot on it. Just start asking around and meeting people. It won't take long.

TurnedTurtle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are looking for something other than shooting, there is an offroad race in Altus next weekend. The race is an extreme endurance race at a place called Copper Mines Offroad Park. I have several friends that will be running in the race. It should be a lot of fun. There is some more information on the W.E. Rock site if you want to check it out.

Here is the website for more information.

April 8th- 9th Copper Mines Off Road Park – Altus, Oklahoma

http://www.werocklive.com/

Event Flier.

Dirt Riot Flier

Last edited:

Koshinn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are looking for something other than shooting, there is an offroad race in Altus next weekend. The race is an extreme endurance race at a place called Copper Mines Offroad Park. I have several friends that will be running in the race. It should be a lot of fun. There is some more information on the W.E. Rock site if you want to check it out.

Here is the website for more information.

April 8th- 9th Copper Mines Off Road Park – Altus, Oklahoma

http://www.werocklive.com/

Event Flier.

Dirt Riot Flier
Thanks for the idea! If I can find someone to go watch with me, I might attend, but otherwise, probably not. While I love road racing, auto-x, and watching rally racing, large 4wds don't interest me as much for some reason. I think it's because I like cars that at least appear street-legal. Nascar, back before their stock cars became "stock" cars, was interesting too.

fire65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read some of your post, Altus is to small, just nothing to do, don't like 4x4 etc. It is a rural, farm community and does not have Nascar or other things you must have had where you came from. There is lots to do around here if you get to know the people and the area. Wildlife refuge, Qt. Mt. State park, Copper Mines, etc. You may have to be the one that adapts to the surroundings otherwise people around here will not have to much to do with you if everything is not what you like or not what you want to do. To get to go hunt, fish or shoot on peoples property you have to get to know someone and respect their wishes. Small town mentality whether you like it or not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom