Anyone know of a bank that allows CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well Well Well. I sent an email to Arvest, and I got a reply today. I am satisfied to say the person I spoke with is a decision maker within the institution, and was very open minded and supportive of my complaint. They will review policy and look into not have a blanket no firearms sign, but possibly a no open carry/illegal carrying of firearms policy. If that occurs, its a win in my book. I will be monitoring this closely, and will report back any updates. IF this occurs, they have a customer for life in me.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well Well Well. I sent an email to Arvest, and I got a reply today. I am satisfied to say the person I spoke with is a decision maker within the institution, and was very open minded and supportive of my complaint. They will review policy and look into not have a blanket no firearms sign, but possibly a no open carry/illegal carrying of firearms policy. If that occurs, its a win in my book. I will be monitoring this closely, and will report back any updates. IF this occurs, they have a customer for life in me.

Cool, good job T :thumbup3:

I go into the Reasors BOKS all the time to deposit. Many of the tellers know I'm a firearms instructor and want to talk guns all the time.

One time I took a boneheaded AA coworker with me that thought he was funny and ask the BOK manger at 21ST & Yale Reasors branch:

"Hey you guys allow legal gun carry right, cuz he's got a gun!"

The manager looked at me and said "Cool with me!"

Needless to say I had severe words with the bonehead "friend". :nolike:

OKSDC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since no one has mentioned it yet in this thread, a friendly reminder to please remember that a business/bank does not have to post a no firearm sign to ban it from their place of establishment.

OKSDC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Directly from the SDA classroom material provided by CLEET:

"NOTE: It is unlawful for a person with or without a license to carry a concealed handgun into places where such actions is prohibited. There is no Oklahoma Statute which requires that a sign prohibiting firearms be posted on the building. The SDA Concealed Carry Permit holder is expected to know the law."

Also mentioned again as follows:

"NOTE: This statue is the subject to many complaint calls to CLEET. Concealed Carry Permit holders are upset that they cannot carry their firearm into a certain business. The solution is simple – if you are unhappy with the policy of that business, do your business somewhere else. The business owner’s rights to prohibit weapons from entering the business trumps the Concealed Carry Permit. There is no Oklahoma statute which requires the business to be posted with a “no firearms” sign."

This should have been read to you by your instructor as it is specifically noted in the curriculum for the class.

OKSDC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OKSDC, what do you base this on? Can you provide a link or supportive documentation?

If you want a photo of the material and it stating the exact quote above, I can do that as well. May not see the response tonight but if you need it, email me the request and Ill send it your way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom