Anyone know the value of a Soviet SKS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ManBearPig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its brand new in the KBI box with all the accessories. From the markings it appears to be a new gun (prob unfired) and not re done at the arsenal. 1951 tula. Anyone have an idea what its worth please let me know. thanks!!

Last edited:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its brand new in the KBI box with all the accessories. From the markings it appears to be a new gun (prob unfired) and not re done at the arsenal. 1951 tula. Anyone have an idea what its worth please let me know. thanks!!
And if you decide to part with it let me know.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gunbroker bids are ~$450 and they're not moving. Can't imagine them going for much more.

ManBearPig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only saw this one that comes close. it doesn't look new either.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/783357989

here is mine. its in the for sale section here. matching, nothing x'd out or pencil engraved.

IMG_2942.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2933.JPG
    IMG_2933.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2924.JPG
    IMG_2924.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_2920.JPG
    IMG_2920.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I repeat - if you want to know something about the value of an SKS, go to SKSBoards. OAS is not the place to get value on a KBI SKS. I doubt seriously if your rifle is worth $999, but, if it is, it will be because you have established that value based on the evidence. I once had a KBI which was "unfired" and a "non-refurb". But, I can assure you, no matter how much evidence you present to prove your case, there will be detractors.
You'll need rolled serial numbers on receiver, receiver cover, bolt, butt plate, trigger guard and magazine. Something tells me I left one out; it's been a few years. You'll need a serial number stamped on the stock. No refurb stamp on receiver cover or stock. There should be a number of stock stampings on the stock around the crossbolt.
I suspect you're beginning to get the picture.
Having said all that, in the right market you should be able to get a price much better than has been suggested here. Beat up Chinese blade rifles command $350, or so. W/O more info, I'd place yours closer to $5-600.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I repeat - if you want to know something about the value of an SKS, go to SKSBoards. OAS is not the place to get value on a KBI SKS. I doubt seriously if your rifle is worth $999, but, if it is, it will be because you have established that value based on the evidence. I once had a KBI which was "unfired" and a "non-refurb". But, I can assure you, no matter how much evidence you present to prove your case, there will be detractors.
You'll need rolled serial numbers on receiver, receiver cover, bolt, butt plate, trigger guard and magazine. Something tells me I left one out; it's been a few years. You'll need a serial number stamped on the stock. No refurb stamp on receiver cover or stock. There should be a number of stock stampings on the stock around the crossbolt.
I suspect you're beginning to get the picture.
Having said all that, in the right market you should be able to get a price much better than has been suggested here. Beat up Chinese blade rifles command $350, or so. W/O more info, I'd place yours closer to $5-600.

I think posts like these are more of advertisements than inquiries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom