Anyone shot one of these?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never shot one, but Savage rifles have an excellent reputation for an out-of-the box shooter. The only thing I would be concerned about would be the scope. Quality glass is just as (if not more) important than the rifle. The package deal is only $30 more...so it can't be much of a scope. On the other hand...it's just $30, so you could get the package deal and replace the scope later.

If it was me, I'd buy the rifle and put good glass on it from the get go.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.savagearms.com/11f.htm

I had one of these before the Accutrigger came out. Dumped it after about 75 rounds. Tried about 6 different types of factory ammo and best group I could ever get was 2.5 inches. Swapped it for a Tikka in 22-250 that is very tight.
I have 2 older Savage rifles that are tack drivers, 243 and 30-06. And a new 17 with the Accutrigger that is exceptional.
Don't know if it was just that gun, lack of Accutrigger, slack in craftsmanship at that time or what. I would still recommend the New Savages as good shooters, never heard anyone have any complaints about the new ones. They are still ugly no matter how well they shoot.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the looks of it. I was at Bass Pro yesterday and they have Nikon scope in matching camo p to a 18x IIRC. If they made this rifle in .243 Win I would be all over it. The Savage rifle is a great value for the money. Accurate, trigger is awesome, and brls are supposed to be easy to change if you want a different caliber.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can I shoot it when it gets here Sumo? I want one too.

Predator Hunter
Predator Hunter – Brush (with AccuTrigger™)
Action Short
Caliber 223 Rem, 204 Ruger, 22-250 Rem, 243 Win.
Overall Length 43"
Barrel Length 22"
Weight 7.25 lbs
Magazine Capacity 4 rounds
Stock Synthetic with Mossy Oak Brush Pattern Camo, positive checkering, dual pillar bedding
Sights Drilled and tapped for scope mounts
Rifling Rate of Twist 223 Rem (1 in 9")
204 Ruger (1 in 12")
22-250 Rem (1 in 12")
243 Win (1 in 9.25")
Features AccuTrigger™ adjustable from 1 1/2 to 6 lbs, camo barreled action, medium-contour free-floating and button-rifled barrel with detachable box magazine, and oversized camo bolt handle
Suggested Retail $806.00

Big50

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the looks of it. I was at Bass Pro yesterday and they have Nikon scope in matching camo p to a 18x IIRC. If they made this rifle in .243 Win I would be all over it. The Savage rifle is a great value for the money. Accurate, trigger is awesome, and brls are supposed to be easy to change if you want a different caliber.

They do make it in a .243 looked at one to day in Duncan.

Latest posts

Top Bottom