M1A Tanker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get M!A SOCOM 16 inch barrel & detachable mag.
IMG_1787.JPG

Last edited:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are nearly identical. The Tanker has a solid handguard where the SOCOM has the short rail on the barrel. I'd rather have the Tanker, too. I have no need for that scout rail and I don't like the looks of it myself. I've owned a SOCOM and they do shoot pretty well.

I'm kinda wanting a Scout model.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The m1 tanker uses the original garand oprod and gas cylinder. But the oprod has to be carefully shortened and rebent. Not known to be a very good combination. The m1a socom is a complete different set up.

We're not talking about an M1 Garand 'Tanker'. We're talking about a Springfield Armory M1A Tanker...short barreled M1A.

The M1A Tanker and M1A SOCOM are basically identical other than features mentioned above.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're not talking about an M1 Garand 'Tanker'. We're talking about a Springfield Armory M1A Tanker...short barreled M1A.

The M1A Tanker and M1A SOCOM are basically identical other than features mentioned above.
Sorry i misunderstood. The only tanker i knew of was a modified m1. There are 18 inch and shorter m1a but i never heard them called tanker.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buy the SOCOM 16 and if you want that Troy rail on the front of the rifle it is handy but...start lifting your weights that exceed 12 ounces now.

I had my fun with one of them and it is now back in the hands of a professional in Western Oklahoma. I really, really loved that rifle but shoulders and hips didn't.

Enjoy!

Latest posts

Top Bottom