Anyone work on Safes? Hipshot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Remington safe, digital combination. I have noticed that lately the last half of the combination has a lower beep tone when entering it. Now every now and then, the door clicks like it always does when it disengages, but it does not release the bolts fully. Anyone have any experience with this, or work on them and can come take a look at it? Hipshot, do you work on these?

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might try the battery again, I know it's weird, but have bad a few 9v be bad out of the box.

I tried two different ones, but they were the same package. So I got brand new pack, and it seems to have fixed it? I guess I see if it happens again. May need a safecracker if not?

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some electronic locks make a different noise on purpose to signify that the battery is weak. You probably just had a weak battery set - do you have a multimeter to check the voltage of the two 9V's that didn't work well?

If you *always* want to know where a battery is, you can get a completely cool ZTS battery tester. They do a pulse test on the battery and rate it in a percentage such as 80%, 100%, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...+battery+tester&rh=i:aps,k:zts+battery+tester

Good luck,

Alan

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some electronic locks make a different noise on purpose to signify that the battery is weak. You probably just had a weak battery set - do you have a multimeter to check the voltage of the two 9V's that didn't work well?

If you *always* want to know where a battery is, you can get a completely cool ZTS battery tester. They do a pulse test on the battery and rate it in a percentage such as 80%, 100%, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...+battery+tester&rh=i:aps,k:zts+battery+tester

Good luck,

Alan

Thanks, no voltmeter, at least not one I know how to work. I am old school on 9 volts. Stick it to your tongue, if it shocks you and you taste metal for the next 15 minutes, should be some charge, right? :D

I threw the other two away, for $5, it's not worth keeping them around. thanks for the link!

Latest posts

Top Bottom