Apparently not many braces registered by the deadline

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckh1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the amount of short barrels for sale lately, I think at least with AR's a lot of them were made in 16 plus inch rifles or the brace might have been just removed. It's like the question, if a tree falls in the middle of nowhere and no one is around, does it make a sound. Same a being at the range by yourself, who's going to know what you do.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder how many just took the braces off versus using without registering. I’d say the vast majority ignored the ATF and are using them still. I was going to register but didn’t get my fingerprints submitted in time (thanks ATF for never mailing the cards). Multiple lawsuits in the works plus everyone who joined FPC now with the injunction. Hopefully SBRs get tossed from ATF purview for good. Of course then I’d be interested in seeing how far back they might refund folks for the tax stamps.
I just sold my pistols. I realized I didn’t shoot them or particularly find them useful. I also had zero desire to put myself on a list. I figure one of these days I might end up getting an SBR, but not anytime soon.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same a being at the range by yourself, who's going to know what you do.
When I'm at the range, I really don't care what the other guy is shooting. Unless it looks interesting, then I may wander over and ask about it.

I was at (yet another) orientation at OKCGC. One of the new initiates asked about shooting with suppressors. The answer was "sure, folks shoot them all the time here".
Guy next asks about paperwork, and to whom to show it when he brought out his suppressor. The instructor looked at him funny, said
"bring out any paperwork you want. Or don't. There's nobody here to show it to, even if you wanted to show it."

I remember thinking
"nobody cares if you have paperwork for that can. It's your business, not mine."

Same with an SBR, or a whatever. As long as my fingerprints ain't on it, I don't care.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find it funny that the people on this board, magazine articles, online articles, media of any kind keep saying "register pistol braces"…
Nobody is registering a pistol braces, but the pistol itself. Call it what it is!

Latest posts

Top Bottom