Appleseed rifle marksmanship clinic at Afton, OK Nov. 10-11

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Howdy shooters,

Join us for a weekend of training in the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship from field positions, and see how you stack up on the Army Qualification Test. Those who prove themselves worthy by shooting Expert will be honored with our Rifleman patch. There is no better way to spend a weekend and approximately 400 rounds. We will be teaching all the skills necessary to control the "Rifleman's Quarter Mile" -- that means being able to hit a man-sized target out to 500 yards. All shooting will be done at 25m at this event, on reduced-size targets, though full distance shooting techniques will be taught as always. This course is great for shooters of all ages and all skill levels. Be forewarned though... we use an older (harder) version of the AQT from the days of the M1 and M-14, and getting that Expert score ain't easy! Even if you are already a skilled shooter, you will benefit from the coaching of fellow skilled shooters. Rifles feeding from detachable magazines or stripper clips are the best suited for our course of fire; but bring any safe rifle, and we will help make you more effective with it.

Appleseed is a nationwide all-volunteer organization, and accordingly we are able to keep our fees low... only $70 for the weekend, or $40 for one day if you pre-register. Walk-ons are welcome, but prices go up by $10. Free or highly reduced rates are available for certain individuals. See our registration page for details.

Also, Appleseed is affiliated with the Civilian Marksmanship Program -- attending one of our marksmanship clinics and joining our parent organization, the RWVA ($20/year), along with proof of U.S. citizenship, qualifies you to buy surplus M1 Garands and other rifles from the CMP for about half of market prices!

Here is the Event Info Page, with the link to register:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=27198.0

See you on the firing line!

okla1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know this may be early but do you have a 2012 schedule posted somewhere by chance? I would really like to do next weekend, but I'm headed to Tulsa for the show.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh man do I wish ... I'm gonna practice til spring and see if I can patch at the next one. I can hardly wait for next year's schedule to come out so I can start planning ...

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am working on 2013's schedule... I need to make sure not to schedule anything for holiday weekends like this year's Easter Sunday shoot at USSA! :hithead:

But it will be out soon. We will try for monthly shoots at varying locations in the State; though we may go light in the first couple cold months of the year and in the middle of the summer. It will be posted on this forum ASAP when it is done!

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any chance of anything in 2013 up closer to those of us in the north?
I am have a couple leads up that way. We will see if they pan out. Do you know of any ranges or property owners that might be willing to host? If somebody has the facilities and is willing, we will come.

Can I just bring in my expert rifle medal and get the patch?
Ha!

No... but we do the "Rifleman Challenge," where we put up a 25m AQT at the start of the course, and if you can shoot Expert on your first try, you get the patch and get to shoot for free all weekend. If you don't make it, you pay full freight and have to stay for all the learnin'. :P

This...and while we are at it, try not to schedule it during the rain either!
haha... you must have been at the USSA shoot in March. I will entreat the gods the best I can, but they don't ever seem to listen to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom