AR 15 mags ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which AR15 mags should I stay clear of now that I have gone to the dark side and stared a AR built. I see a number of differant mags carried by differant vendors like D&H, Surefire,Magpul, Troy, Psa, Nhmtg, Gi, Promag. Which mags is the GOOD, the BAD, and give to your A^^^^^^e brother in law ?

Phildo64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GI green follower/ black followers I'VE had a ton of problems with in training. I carried Pmags on deployment and NEVER had a single problem form lots of use, but to each his own. Some guys are just haters and dont like Magpul just because, But I like what works thats why I went Pmags and never looked back.

tim003

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the Usgi mags especially the Okays or Nhmtg (commercially brand from Okay). But off course I would have to function tested each one of them before I called them good to go. I have a friend bought some Pmags earlier this year and have to return all of them back to the vendor because the rounds would fly out of the magazine when he swing it in the air. Thanks to Magpul good CS and easy return policy that he got all his money back, I will ask him what was the rev level for those Pmags. I think the newest Pmag rev level is going to be M3 and I lost track of how many other rev level prior to this.

Last edited:

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use the GI green follower mags for many years. ran them in y Full Auto, and semi auto gun and they work just fine. I also like the HK AR mags as well. For the most part, its what you like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom