AR being uncooperative

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So last night I decided to drill out the gas port one more step with a #39 bit (0.0995") but I found that the bit was fitting snugly into the existing hole, so I went two steps with a #38 bit (0.1015"). I took the rifle back to the range this morning to try it out with the Champion 5.56 ammo...

Success! It would lock back on empty, and it cycled all the Champion ammo without a hitch. The recoil is a bit sharper, but I expected that, and may try a heavier buffer just to see what happens. I didn't have time to try that today, though.

Finally, it's running smoothly :D

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
take the plunge and put an SLR adjustable block on it, open 4-6 clicks and all you have is a small push back, no muzzle jump at all. SLR can be disassembled, cleaned, and repaired as well.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
take the plunge and put an SLR adjustable block on it, open 4-6 clicks and all you have is a small push back, no muzzle jump at all. SLR can be disassembled, cleaned, and repaired as well.
For what they cost it should disassemble, clean, and repair itself! [emoji3]

Latest posts

Top Bottom