AR Lubricnats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there a certain viscosity of Moble 1 that u guys use?

5W30 here.

Ballistol. It changed my life.

i.imgur.com_CQRiRUK.gif

Nick710

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Slip2000, EWL, Fireclean, wheelbearing grease, Mobile 1, they all work well, what's important is that you use lube (generously).

Some of the lighter lubes will evaporate or drip down in the buffer tube if you store them muzzle up.

For my son, the OHP Trooper, we use TW25 on his AR. Doesn't run off and stays put.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to just use regular CLP, but it didn't last very long before having to re-lube. I have been using Frog Lube for the past year. I like it... it keeps the bolt wet a long time... but I read a test where a guy lubed up several uppers with different lubes and left them outside in sub-freezing temps, and the one with Frog Lube froze up. The ones with Fireclean and Slip 2000, among others, didn't. I've been wanting to switch to something else. A sample of Slip 2000 EWL came with with a BCM upper I bought recently, and I've been using it on that upper. It has worked great so far. I think I will start using it on all my ARs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom