AR Muzzle Device Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK rifle gurus, I need a little advice on muzzle breaks. I had decided to get an 18" Noveske SPR, when I saw they offer a Rogue Hunter with the same barrel. The RH should be a much lighter rifle than the SPR, while still offering the same accuracy potential at longer ranges.

[Broken External Image]

I plan to set it up with a dual optic. I'm using a Bushnell Elite 6500 Tactical 2.5X16X40 Mil-Dot scope in a Larue LT-104 mount. I also plan to mount an Aimpoint H1 at the 1 O'Clock position just forward of the receiver on a Daniel Defense offset mount.

Now for the tricky part. I had originally intended to go with the AAC Breakout flash hider/comp/suppressor mount. The RH does not have the Switchblock though. I started wondering how often I'd want to mount the can on an 18" gun? Noveske offers options on muzzle attachments, so I thought I'd ask for opinions.

This rifle wil be used primarily in the prone for longer range targets. However, I might want to dabble in 3 Gun/Multi-Gun with it. It may also see limited use in a full auto application. So should I get:

AAC Breakout (combo flash hider/comp/suppressor mount, $0 upgrade):
[Broken External Image]

AAC Muzzle Break (combo muzzle break/suppressor mount, $75 upgrade):
[Broken External Image]

SJC Compensator (comp only, $20 upgrade):
[Broken External Image]

Or install some other comp once I get the rifle in? Help me out here rifle gurus!!! :scratch:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I would still get the Breakout of those. But my :twocents: are worth what you paid for them. My reasons: it does the most things, comp, FH, suppressor mount for the lowest cost.

Question, how much do you really need a comp on a .223 AR? Especially one with an 18" barrel and scope?

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Brakeout doesn't do well at muzzle braking, or flash hiding. Of all of those definitely the AAC Brake. The AAC brake actually is a very good brake on a shorty AR. Haven't shot a long gun with it, but double taps are a blast. it is really loud.

I can't believe rob has been in here and there has been no mention of the triple tap. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom