Is There a Known Time Limit on a Reply When Dealing on Here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A member posted a Hellcat on here around noon today. I sent him a PM on a trade offer and went about running some errands, plus yard work. About six hours later I checked for a response to find a request for picture of my trade offer gun. I sent those and got a reply of " I'm making another deal if that doesn't happen, I'll message you. Am I being too unreasonable thinking that I made first offer and should have been given first chance? Or was he too impatience? Is there a standard reply time limit ?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A member posted a Hellcat on here around noon today. I sent him a PM on a trade offer and went about running some errands, plus yard work. About six hours later I checked for a response to find a request for picture of my trade offer gun. I sent those and got a reply of " I'm making another deal if that doesn't happen, I'll message you. Am I being too unreasonable thinking that I made first offer and should have been given first chance? Or was he too impatience? Is there a standard reply time limit ?
Usually it is first cash or trade in hand gets it. Also known as, you snooze you loose. Now if they committed to the deal that is a different story.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I'm old fashion. It used to be first one to show interest got first chance. I lost out on a watch on here about a year ago on here. I made the deal to buy it and then the seller told me later he hadn't checked his PM's and another member had contacted him before I had. I guess if we all go with first one with cash gets it then SPF goes extinct. Maybe there should be a standard on here for buying, selling, or trading.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't feel like there's any obligation on the seller's part until he agrees to a deal. If he wants to take the third offer because.... well, for whatever reason he likes the third offer better, he can take whatever offer he wants for any reason or no reason. I have always put a disclaimer on my ads that I reserve the right to accept whichever offer I choose regardless of order received, or to reject any or all offers. I don't think that should need to be said, but obviously sometimes it does.

In other words, just because you made an offer he had not accepted doesn't mean he owes you anything. As to post #5, SPF means a deal has been made.

Latest posts

Top Bottom