AR pistol question!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielkines77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am wanting to build an ar pistol, i am going to buy the complete upper from RRA, 7inch, and i wanted to buy a spikes stripped lower and put a dpms parts kit in it. do i HAVE to buy a PISTOL stripped lower, or can i get just a regular stripped lower? and also do i need to buy a certain kind of parts kit? definitely need help... maybe someone can lead me in the right direction..

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am wanting to build an ar pistol, i am going to buy the complete upper from RRA, 7inch, and i wanted to buy a spikes stripped lower and put a dpms parts kit in it. do i HAVE to buy a PISTOL stripped lower, or can i get just a regular stripped lower? and also do i need to buy a certain kind of parts kit? definitely need help... maybe someone can lead me in the right direction..

Any Parts kit will do, but the subject of what/how the lower is marked/listed on the 4473/listed from the manufacturer is long debated. This will be an interesting thread.

steve831

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The new ATF rules are that a stripped lower is considered either a pistol or rifle until it is configured as a rifle or pistol. Because of this, it cannot be sold to anyone under 21. There is a new box on the 4473 just for receivers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom