AR pistol scope mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or remove the flip up sight….what purpose does it serve even if the scope mounted correctly?
Serves no purpose other than back up if needed. Scope goes down, I’d like to be able to remove it and still have an aiming source. Not a high likelihood of the former happening, but just in case. Redundancy, I suppose. I’m a firm believer in Murphy’s Law.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Serves no purpose other than back up if needed. Scope goes down, I’d like to be able to remove it and still have an aiming source. Not a high likelihood of the former happening, but just in case. Redundancy, I suppose. I’m a firm believer in Murphy’s Law.
I am a believer in Baker's Law...

Baker's Law:
"Murphy was an optimist."

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
here is what I’m working with/have. Maybe a PEPR type base or similar? Guess I could cut the front part off and just have a single clamp. 👀
You don't want to bridge your receiver and your handguard. That's not a good solution; the entire mount should be solely on the receiver. You'll want to get an SPR/Cantilever type mount as @O4L and Bigdawg suggested. He likes 1.93 and I like 1.5. Two flavors of apples.

The receiver has plenty of real estate on it for a BUIS and a scope...even with standard rings/unimount, as long as your BUIS is sitting in the rearmost notch where it's supposed to be. Your mount is really short (height and length) and limited for any movement of your scope and receiver mounting.

The cheap or not question will help you determine what to get. There isn't a lot of choice in the mid level space that is really any good IMO. You either get real cheap, which is usually chicom, or you get higher price that just goes up. I have specific requirements for me personally and professionally as to why I get certain mounts that probably don't matter to most folks.
Below are three different optics in three different mounts, plus a magnifier setup all with four different BUIS. These are all 1.5" HOR and all clear the BUIS. 1.93" will give you another 7/16" height. 1.5" will give you the min height to clear your BUIS. Your setup should look something similar. The cheapest of the three would be the Leupold (Warne).

m41.jpg

m42.jpg
m43.jpg
IMG_6866.jpg

Last edited:

Bigdawg90

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You don't want to bridge your receiver and your handguard. That's not a good solution; the entire mount should be solely on the receiver. You'll want to get an SPR/Cantilever type mount as @O4L and Bigdawg suggested. He likes 1.93 and I like 1.5. Two flavors of apples.

The receiver has plenty of real estate on it for a BUIS and a scope...even with standard rings/unimount, as long as your BUIS is sitting in the rearmost notch where it's supposed to be. Your mount is really short (height and length) and limited for any movement of your scope and receiver mounting.

The cheap or not question will help you determine what to get. There isn't a lot of choice in the mid level space that is really any good IMO. You either get real cheap, which is usually chicom, or you get higher price that just goes up. I have specific requirements for me personally and professionally as to why I get certain mounts that probably don't matter to most folks.
Below are three different optics in three different mounts, plus a magnifier setup all with four different BUIS. These are all 1.5" HOR and all clear the BUIS. 1.93" will give you another 7/16" height. 1.5" will give you the min height to clear your BUIS. Your setup should look something similar. The cheapest of the three would be the Leupold (Warne).

View attachment 299556
View attachment 299558View attachment 299559
SEXY!!! That’s my flavor too. Just gorgeous examples.